Chapter 3

Mackenzie POV
I woke up and did my morning routine. Then I was went downstairs and saw Rico eating cereal. "Good morning" he said I said it back. "You got work today" he asked "nope I got Sunday's off" I said. "You hungry" he asked and I nodded. "I went to the store so help yourself" he said. I opened the pantry and smiled "you got Cinnamon Toast Crunch" I said and hugged the box. He laughed. CT crunch is my favorite cereal in the whole world. I got a bowl and some milk then dug right in. When I was done I washed my bowl and so did Rico. "I'm bored" I said. "I gotta go to work Ima be back real soon though then can do whatever yo short ass wanna do" he said. I punched him arm and said "I'm not short I'm fun sized and can I come". He looked at me confused "you do know where I work right" he asked. "I know I still wanna go I don't wanna be here by myself" I told him. "No" he said.

Rico POV
  I was surprised. A lot of girls don't wanna go to my job.I could tell that she probably not ready for it she seem so sweet and innocent so of course I said no. "Why" she asked and her pretty brown eyes got big. "Because it's too dangerous for you" I said to her. "Please I really don't wanna be all alone in a house I've only been been in for one day" she said and poked her bottom lip out. "That's not gonna work and still no" I said. "But I-" she started to say something and I cut her off. "But nothing you ain't going". She looked down then back up at me. "Please please please please please let me go" she said. "You not gonna stop asking are you" I asked and she her head no. "Fine whatever just go get dressed we leave in an hour" I said she jumped up and down and went upstairs.

Mackenzie POV
After I took my shower I put on my camouflage pants, a black crop top, jean vest, my gold chain, and my black timberlands. I went downstairs and saw that Rico was already dressed. "You ready" he asked me and I nodded. He grabbed his keys and we got in his car. He turned on the radio and Oui by Jeremiah came on. He looked like he was about to change it but I love this song. "No don't change it" I said. He put his hand back on the armrest and I started singing the song quietly so he couldn't hear me. When the song was over I looked at him and said "you can change it now".
"Why ain't you tell me you could sing" he said. "You heard me" I asked him. "Barely but enough to know you got some pipes" he said. "Thanks but I'm not that good" I said. "Yes you are you should sing again for me sometime but louder" he said. "Maybe" I told him. He put  really really by Kevin Gates on . We both rapped with the song. 10 minutes later we pulled up at the trap. We both got out at the same time.

He grabbed my hand and we intertwined our fingers. "If anyone say anything to you or make you feel uncomfortable or if you wanna leave let me know ok" he said. I nodded and we started walking. Some big guy opened the door for him and we went inside. The smell of drugs hit my nose and there were girls walking around naked and guys smoking. This guy came and dapped Rico. He was about 6'1. "Wassup smoke" Rico said. "Who dis" he asked. "Kenzie" Rico said. "Oh wassup " smoke said, I'm guessing that was his name. I waved. We went into this room and that started talking. I tuned them out and started texting Nyah, and played some games on my phone. We were there for like two hours then we left.

***

"That was boring" I told him. Right now we were in a the car driving back to his house. "I told you not to come I just went to check on some things and talk to some people you should've kept your little ass at home" He said. "Shut up" I said and punched his in the shoulder. He held his shoulder and pretended like it hurt. 15 minutes later we were at his house. "Can we watch a movie" I asked Rico. "Sure go find one" he said and I nodded. I turned on ATL. It's one of my favorite movies. Rico came and sat on the couch with some popcorn, juice, skittles, sour patch kids the watermelon kind, and hot Cheetos. "You got a lot of snacks" I said. "I know you like sugar" he said and I smiled. "How did you know that" I asked. "The way yours eyes lit up when you saw Cinnamon Toast Crunch and they got hella sugar so I figured you could have a little bit of MY candy" he said and gave me sour patch kids and skittles. I looked at him as his attention turned to the movie.

  And I wondered why is he being so nice to me. He was of the coldest drug dealers alive well I thought he was. Maybe he's just waiting to kill me. Or do something bad. He hasn't even tried anything with me. Maybe he's just gonna get me to have sex with him then kick me out. I found myself staring at him. I barely know him but I'm living with him. He has to want something from me. Nobody on earth is this nice.

"It's not polite to stare ma" Rico said snapping me out of my thoughts but his eyes never even looked my way. "Sorry" I said and looked at the tv but he paused the movie. "What's wrong" he said.

"What do you mean"

"You were looking at me for a long time so something is up" he said. I looked down the back at him. "Why are you so nice" I asked him. He chuckled "it's just 3 dollars worth of candy ma it's more cheap than nice" he said. "You know what I mean we've barely known each other for a week and I'm living with you so you nobody does that unless there up to something, nobody is that nice" I said. "I know you've been hurt a lot I just want to help you" he said. "Why" I semi yelled. "Have that many people hurt you that it's unbelievable when somebody wants to help you I know what it's like to be where you were to have nothing I understand if you can't fully trust me yet shit I wouldn't trust me but lemme help you get back on your feet at least" he said while looking into my eyes the entire time, "now let's just watch the movie" he added.

  I woke up on the couch with my head on Rico's Lap. I looked up at his face and he was sleep too. I rolled over and saw the guy from earlier,I think his name smoke,  on the other couch eating hot Cheetos and playing 2k. "Lemme get some" I said and sat up. He turned away from the tv and looked at me like I was crazy. "Fuck no Rico told me you got a job go buy some". I sucked my teeth "can I play you for em" I asked. He chuckled and tossed me a controller.

  I lost. "You cheated" I said. "You can have the rest" he said and held the bag out. I smiled and reached for it but he snatched it back and said "sike" then put a handful of Cheetos in his mouth. I looked over at Rico and he was still sleep. "Do he always take naps this long" I asked more to myself. "Aye go get some toothpaste" smoke said. I went upstairs to get the toothpaste I already knew what he had in mind. I came back down and gave it to smoke. This nigga put it on his face, arms, and neck. He pulled out his phone to take a picture but I stopped him and took the toothpaste. I made little designs on the side of his hair. "Ok now take the picture" I said. "He gonna kill your ass" smoke said while snapping the picture. "He gonna kill you too" I said. "I wish the bitch would" smoke said making me laugh. The sound of us talking woke him up and we both started running. We went into the closet upstairs and 3 minutes later Rico swung the door open looking mad as hell. If looks could kill I'd be dead. Smoke instantly started laughing I eventually laughed with him but Rico kept a straight face the whole. "Ohh so shit funny, nigga get out my damn house" Rico said and pushed smoke out the door. "Whatever shit old
Ugly anyway, bye Kenzo" smoke said. "It's Kenzie" I yelled after him. "I don't give a fuck I like Kenzo better" smoke said as he walked out the door.

Rico looked at me. "You know Ima beat your ass right look at my damn hair" I started running as fast as I could. He quickly caught up with me and threw me over his shoulder. He carried me to his room and pinned me against the wall with my arms above my head. "Is it too late now to say sorry" I sang trying to lighten the mood. "YES TF IT IS" he yelled. "Go get me a towel" he said. He let go of my arms and I went To go get a towel I came back and held it out for him to take it. "Uhh uh you did this you bouda fix it". By now he was sitting on the edge of his bed. I stood in between his legs and started wiping his face and got most of it out is hair. "All done" I said and started to walk away but he grabbed my waist. I winced at first cause it reminded me of Ray then calmed down. I turned back to face him and we looked each other in the eyes. We both leaned in and kissed each other. I felt his warm tongue slide into my mouth. Our tongues danced  in sync as the kiss deepened and became more heated. He straddled my legs around his waist without breaking the kiss. I felt his hands slide under my shirt and pull it off. I wanted to keep kissing him and have sex with him right here and right now on this bed but I pulled away. He looked at me. "I'm sorry" I said and looked down. "Virgin?" He asked. I nodded. "It's okay ma take your time" he said. I got of off him and went to my room.

Rico POV
I don't what happened but that kiss with Kenzie felt different. I don't think she like these other girls. I might be catching feelings. Wait no! Wtf am I saying I'm biggest Druglord and the hottest player in the dmv. Shit I don't catch feelings. That's for soft niggas. But something about Mackenzie still feels different.