Chapter four: page thirty-two/ thirty-three

Pg.32

I woke up to the smell of bacon and the sun shining bright through my room. I started staring around and opened my eyes to see that Shannon is no where to be found. I got up and sat on the side of my bed to be hit by a slight breeze. I got up and started rubbing my eyes to try and get the sleep out my eyes and went down stairs. Once I entered the kitchen/ dinning room area I saw Shannon dressed in the same clothes that she came over in yesterday, and sitting at the head of the table chewing on a piece of bacon, while scrolling through her phone. "Good morning Jack." Mom said from the stove. "Morning mom." I said and then there was a loud noise that came from the stove where my mom was at. "Sorry, sorry didn't mean to startle you guys I just dropped a pan." She said trying to cover up the noise she made. Then I heard Shannon let out a giggle as I was getting me some food that my mom had laid out on the island table.

Once I made a plate I went and sat down next to Shannon. "Good morning, good morning." I heard my dad say walking into the kitchen. "Good morning Shannon." He said. "Morning Mr. Johnson." She replied with a smile. "Morning Son." He said. "Morning dad." I said then my mom dropped something again. "Sorry tripped over my own two feet." She said picking up the two plastic bowls she dropped. "Well I'm off to work and I'll be home around dinner." My dad said giving my mom a kiss and walking out. "You better hurry up Jack cause we have a lot of things to do today." Shannon said as I'm half way done with my breakfast. Soon after I was finished I rinse and put my plate in the sink and head up stairs. Once I got in my room I plopped down on my bed really not wanting to do nothing but chill. "Jack get your ass up!" Shannon said busting through my bedroom door. "I really don't want to do anything, I just want to be lazy." I replied turning on my side. "Jack today will be a lazy day I promise." She said. After I huff and puffed about it I got up to go to the bathroom to take a shower.

Pg.33

Soon after I was done I saw Shannon laying out some clothes for me. "Now dress get dressed and meet me downstairs." She said and exited my room. After I was finished getting myself together I went down stairs to meet Shannon. "Ready?" She asked standing up from my living room couch. All I did was nod and we exited the house. We walked to my car and got in and I plugged in my phone for it to charge. "Where to first?" I asked. "My house cause I gotta change." She answered. I pulled off and started driving towards her house when I got a text from Jack. I looked over to see that Shannon's in her own little world looking out the window. I picked up my phone to see what Jack said.

J- ay yo get your ass up cause we're going to the mall.
M- I can't.
J- Jack your not going to lay around and be all mopey and shit.
M- I can't cause I'm going over Shannon's house because she's also making me get up and do shit.
J- ahhh, I see what's going on you're about to get laid at twelve o'clock in the afternoon, well have fun.
M- Jack it's not like that so chill out B.
J- sure it's not.
M- Jack is sex all you think about twenty-four/seven?
J- no.
M- really?! I'm surprised.
J- lol, yeah so what are you guys doing today other than banging each other?
M- I know one thing we're not doing is banging each other, but I'm not sure what we're doing.
J- lol, you better not let Diana find out you guys are a thing.
M- we're not a thing and I don't care what the hell she thinks cause I'm lowkey done wit her.
J- Jack in her mind you guys are still a thing.
M- my thing is I know Shannon and Diana don't get along at all and that's fine cause I'll chose Shannon over her any day.
J- awe, it looks like someone is developing a crush.
M- maybe.
J- your not going to deny it?!
M- nah cause I'm lowkey tired of denying the truth.
J- same.

"Jack, this is my house right here." Shannon said snapping me out of my text conversation with Jack. I pulled up into this long ass driveway to be surprised by this mansion. "Shannon you never said you lived in a mansion." I said shocked by the beauty. "Jack this isn't a mansion honey." She replied. "Come on let me give you the tour of the house." She said and got out the car. We were up to the front door when a little short lady who looked about mid fifties opened the door in a maids outfit. "Hola Miss. Jackson." Said the lady. "Hola señora García, te he echado mucho de menos." Shannon said giving her a hug. I lowkey wish I would have took Spanish instead of French right about now. "Señora García this is my friend Jack." Shannon said introducing me. "Hola Jack." Miss García said hugging me. "Hola señora García." I said hugging her back.