Chapter three: page twenty four/ twenty five

Pg.24

Three days later

It's been three days since the funeral and I haven't spoken to no one barely even my parents I don't even talk to my parents at dinner time I just sit there and eat. Today is thanksgiving and half of my family is already here and it's not even six yet. "Hey honey." My mom said walking into my room. I just looked over at her wondering what she wanted. "Jack can you please get dressed and come and socialize with your family." She asked. I shook my head in response. "Well are you going to come down and eat thanksgiving dinner with us." She asked. In response I shrugged cause I really don't feel like socializing and stuff with people. My mom let out a sigh and closed the door. Knowing that I won't think twice about being around people. I turned on my tv and started clicking through the channels seeing if there's anything interesting on. I soon settled on Family Guy. I was two hours into watching Family Guy and I was starting to fall asleep.

I rolled over on my side to get comfortable to soon hear my bedroom door open and close. I kept my eyes closed just assuming that it was my mom checking up on me. Then I felt a dip in the bed and a very familiar smell of fragrance. "I'm soooo sorry Jack... I promise I'm here for you now." I heard the voice of my angel say and then kiss my forehead. Once I heard her small and angelic voice I immediately took my arm and pulled her close to me and laid my head on her chest. I held her as tight as a child holds their blanket or stuffed animal after a bad dream or in a bad thunderstorm. "Where were you when I needed you the most?" I asked below a whisper. "I'm sorry Jack I just found out yesterday and I hitched the first plane ride here." She answered. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked. "Anything." She said. "Is she really gone?" I asked. I know, I know it's stupid to ask but I feel like I needed closer and I feel like if she answers this question she'll give me closure. "Yeah Jack... she's gone." Shannon answered in a disappointed voice. Then I squeezed her tighter and also squeezed my eyes tighter to try not to let any tears fall.

Pg.25

All she did was hold me tighter and started stroking her hand through my hair. Then a tear fell and her hand wiped it away. As I started falling asleep I felt Shannon move from up under me so I tightened my embrace around her pulling her close. "Please don't leave." I said below a whisper. All she did was get up from underneath me making me feel cold. I opened my eyes to see her sitting on the edge of my bed in a maroon shirt dress with her naturally puffy and curly hair is into a high perfect bun. Then I noticed her taking off her necklaces, bracelets, and shoes then she laid back down. "Would you like a shirt to sleep in princess." I said as my voice came out deep and raspy. "Yes please." She answered in a small voice. I got up and kinda rubbed the sleep out my eyes for me to see a little bit. I entered my closet and started looking for a shirt for her to wear. I picked out a white shirt that was hanging up and walked out my closet and handed it to her and entered the bathroom for me to use it.

After I washed my hands I exited  the bathroom to see Shannon taking her dress off and for me to see her in her black bra and underwear's then she slipped on my white shirt over her. I turned the bathroom light off to slip myself out of my daze and walked to the bed. I laid down and Shannon turned off the lap that was on my night stand next to her. She then  laid and then I put my comforter and sheet over top of our bodies I laid my head on her chest to hear her steady heartbeat sooth me to sleep as her hands continuously ran their fingers through my hair making me even more sleepy and satisfied. I think this would be the best sleep I got in weeks.