36 ~ Won't Lose Them Again

Sans was moving before he even understood what was going on.

He was writhing and screaming and clawing at the table. He howled and roared unintelligibly, straining with all the power he possessed against the thick, Magic-resistant straps that held him down.

It wasn't pain that made him do this, but an indescribable rage, a raw, unbridled fury that they should do this, that they should starve him when he was so desperately hungry.

He screamed, pulling at every thread of brutally capable Corrupt Magic in his being, his power strengthened by whatever the Corrupt had done, were still doing.

He heard panicked shouting, and resolved to drown it out with his own voice, or even silence it with his Magic if necessary.

And he fought, both with voice and Magic, drawing on every ounce of strength he controlled.

He felt a strap, the one around his right wrist, begin to give way. He poured more Magic into it.

More shouting. Something on his arm. Stopping his Magic.

No. Ǹ̨o̷̢͞t̶́ ͡͡à҉̵͘l̡ĺ̷͝͏o͠҉͢w͡e̷͝d̛̀͟.̶̀̀̀ ̷̀͘͡

He roared, his own voice reverberating in his skull and making his bones tremble, and forced everything into his hand.

And suddenly, the restraint snapped, and so did the one over his right shoulder. He thrust his hand upward, sending out a wave of Magic with a concussive explosion of noise that left his own nonexistent ears ringing.

With a growl, Sans started tearing at the restraints with his free hand. First he freed his skull, then released his left arm, then undid the strap over his chest.

Gaster had regained his feet. Sans knocked him down again with a well-placed blast. Not a horribly damaging one, but hopefully strong enough that he got the message: stay down.

Sans clawed away the remaining restraints and hopped off the table. He sprinted for the door, snagging his jacket off Gaster's desk on his way out.

~o0o~

When Sans bolted for the doorway, Papyrus followed. He raced after his brother, and only just managed to lunge into the elevator before the doors closed.

Sans hissed, surprised. When he spoke, there was an odd hitch in his voice, almost like he couldn't quite speak normally. "yoų̡ s̸̡͠hoúl͢dn'̛t̴ ́̕h̕à͢vę f̶̢̨ol̨͢lowed ́͢͠me̢̕͘.̕"

Papyrus, who was on the floor, due to his epic lunge through the door, looked up at Sans. "But I couldn't just let you eat-" he gagged on the words.

Sans looked at him a moment, expression unreadable. ".̨͏.̛͜.̨́ ̢mu͏c͟h̀ a͜͢s i̢͝'͠d ̛͝l͜͠ike̡̕͢ ̕tò̸͏, n͞ǫ͝w ͘i̕s̶̷̷ ͠͏n̶̕͝ot̴͏̨ ͟͝t́he ţ͠i͘͠m̡e̢. ì ̸go̵ ҉̢͢to̸̧͏ r̢̀͘é̵̕j̧oi͏̶͞n̸ m͘͘y ̀͟a͟͏r̷̢̛m͡y̧͏.͏̢ "

Papyrus climbed to his feet. "You mean you're going to leave the lab and go back to the Corrupt?" He asked, surprised.

Sans just grinned and nodded towards the keyboard. Papyrus saw the button for the first floor was lit up, had been pressed.