35 ~ No Regret

Undyne woke slowly.

Everything hurt, and whatever was being forced into her lungs through the mask over her face only made her head more foggy, which didn't help.

When she opened her eyes, she was first blinded by the light overhead. Gradually, her eyes adjusted, and she saw a shadow. From there, the shadow resolved itself into Gaster, who was leaning over her, doing... something.

Whatever he was doing, it hurt.

A sharp jab of more painful pain tore through her, and she reflexively jerked away, which only made it hurt worse.

Distantly, she heard the doctor snarl something that was probably not something she wanted translated.

Stay still, Undyne!

She struggled, trying to pull away from the pain.

For the love of Annoying Dog, Commander! You're only making this more painful for yourself and much more irritating for me! Stay! Still!

She moaned, tried to get away, tried to pull the mask off her face.

I'm trying to save your life, you💧❄️✝️🚩✋👎 👉✋💧👇✏️ 👍✌️️☹️💣✏️✏️ 👎🏴✝️☠️✏️✏️

Hands grabbed her shoulders and wrists and pinned her down. She felt the air inside the mask get thicker, and slowly, she sank back into unconsciousness.

~o0o~

Gaster blew out a long breath.

It wasn't that it was something he couldn't do, he not only had a bit of experience in patching up Souls, but also had experience in doing it to himself.

No, that was not why Undyne was giving him so much trouble.

It was, surprisingly, because she was stronger than he had anticipated.

He had put an IV into her arm with the intent of only feeding enough Magic into her to keep her stable, but instead, even still with a Soul leaking Magic, it had begun to revive her.

And sewing up a Soul was hard enough to begin with, but to have her moving around, too.

Well. If he went too much higher on the anesthetic dosage on her, it might be considered lethal.

Luckily, she didn't give him too much trouble after that.

He finished up quickly, settling her Soul in her chest and pulling as much of her dusty flesh back over her ribs, before wrapping the whole mess up in a bandage.

It was a shame that healing Magic didn't affect the physical Soul. Asgore had only been knocked unconscious, and had quickly been healed by Toriel. He and Gerson were now on their way to check again on the defenses around Hotland.

Meanwhile, Toriel sat on the cot in the once-again broken cell, cradling the still-unconscious Undyne in her lap.

Gaster would have preferred to keep Undyne on the operating table, but he had needed it for Sans, who was currently strapped down, and beginning to wake from the sedative.

He groaned and struggled weakly against the restraints. Gaster gestured for Papyrus to stay where he was for the moment, sitting at Gaster's desk, and moved to stand by the table.

Sans moaned a bit more, then let out a wail. It sounded almost like he was trying to talk, but could only whimper and moan, writhing weakly in pain.