A moment of silence passed between us, mom tightened her hand, ''I'm listening'' was all she said.

''Things were good between us. Even when I didn't have any friends, not any good ones, I had dad. He was enough for me. He has always been such a good father to me...he had always done his best to make me live a nice and comfortable life.''

I started saying, recalling my days with him, ''He met Elizabeth when we went out for my last birthday. She was the owner of the restaurant he took me. During that time, dad and Elizabeth realized they were old friends. Before I knew it, she was always hanging around him.''

''Ally...''

I bit my lip and finally opened my eyes, feeling that if I stopped here I would never be able to confess, ''She isn't a bad person, instead she's really kind. Both her and her kids. But the moment she and dad started seeing each other, I knew what would become of them. I knew it and it scared me. I felt as if...as if someone was taking my entire life away from me. And I-I couldn't bear it anymore.''

''Someone mixed peanuts in the cake she was going to eat before the wedding day, knowing she was allergic. Someone cut her wedding dress the morning of the wedding. Someone...didn't want the wedding to happen. That someone was me.''

I heard mom gasp, ''I was turning into a horrible person. Jealousy and hatred were changing me into someone I hated to even look at. That's the reason I left, because I couldn't bear it anymore.'' Just as I said this all I began to see why this had happened to me. It was payback. What goes around comes around. I was being punished for things I had done.

''You hate me right?'' I asked her after gauging her reaction, ''I was so scared that dad would start to hate me. So scared that I had to leave. This was my only option. I'm sorry, in the end I was being selfish.''

When she smiled, I was shocked by her reaction, ''I feel like no matter what I say right now, you won't listen. That's why for now I will let you be.''

''Mom-''

''Thanks for trusting me enough to tell me. I will talk about this matter with you when I feel you're ready enough. For now, I think by saying everything you had pulled off a huge load from your shoulders.''

''Mom'' I wanted to cry. But I didn't, not when she was smiling at me like that.

''Go and talk to Dale, okay? He's been waiting for you.''

I nodded and she tucked strands of hair behind my ear, ''Don't think about what happened for now, let your dad come here and we'll sort it out together. Okay?'' I knew it was inevitable for dad not to know. He was going to find out soon and until then I had to endure more.

After mom left, I followed suit. Dale was waiting outside the house and before approaching him, I already knew he wanted to talk about those pictures.

''Are you okay?'' His asked me the moment he saw me come outside, I was taken aback from his concern.

''Do I look okay?'' He didn't look okay either. I guessed everyone was shocked.

''Dale, how did this person got my diary? Mom said that she gave all my stuff to you when I left. Then how...?''

He glared at me, ''Do you think I did this?''

I pursued my lips, even I wasn't sure what I was saying right now.

''No, but we can't deny the fact that those pages are there, can you?''

He put his hands in his pockets and blew out a breath, ''That's why I came here right now to let you know. Those things had been in our storeroom for a while now. A week ago, I was sorting things out and found your diary-''