Date Plans

Ryder's POV:

10:35

Saturday morning, three weeks have passed now.
I get up, wash, dress in a black long sleeve v-neck tee, jeans and black combat boots. I comb my hair then make my way down to the kitchen seeing both my dad and that woman there. She was just sitting there on her phone whilst dad was making something, since his back was facing me I was unable to see his face. I walk further into the kitchen a bit more then dad turns around when he hears me and that woman just gives me a slight glance before looking back down at her phone.

Dad smiles"Hey son, I've made some pancakes, would you like some?" he says finishing the batch that was on the pan and put it on the plate.

I get myself a plate putting four on and then gets some syrup to put it on.

I sit down to the seat opposite from that woman, she looks up from her phone rubbing her eyes a bit before looking at me with a slight glare whilst giving me a small smirk, I just ignore that bitch like I usually do and start to eat my food, Dad soon joins us after.

We eat in silence before Dad speaks

"So um.. son?"

"Yeah," I say looking up at him

"Why haven't you been going school for three weeks, did something happen? Are you sick?" he ask.

Damn it, I was hoping this would come up I haven't told him yet.

"Doesn't matter" I mutter

I quickly finish up the rest of my food, put it in the sink and head back up to my room closing it behind me. Thirty minutes pass and I'm getting ready to ask Grace to go out with me on a real date. I hear a knock on the door I open it seeing Dad.

"Can we talk son?" he ask

I shrug "Why?"

"I just want to make sure you're alright"

"I'm fine"

"Are you sure, your mother tells me she hasn't heard you leave the house for the past three weeks".

"That woman isn't my mother"

He gives me a sad expression

"Yes I know that but...-".

"But nothing. Is that all you wanted to talk about because I'm going out now" I say, now pissed off.

"Where are you heading off to"

"I'm just going out with a friend"

He smiles

"A friend"

"Yes that's what I said"

"Is it that girl that came to the house to see you. Are you going on a date?".

"D-Dad!"

"wow! You are, aren't you? This is your first ever date, you must really like her and if things go smoothly she will be your first girlfriend as well".

"Yeah well whatever just don't jinx it"

He nods

"I'm so happy for you son, so... Tell me what do you plan on doing on your date?" he asks.

"I don't know, take her to the mo-"

Dad interrupts me.

"Movies. That's no good for a FIRST date, plus, I'm sure you've already taken her there way too much."

He was right. "Ok then what do you suggest then"

"Hmm... Go somewhere nice"

"Like?"

"Uh, does she like the arcade, you two could go to Namco or maybe to a dessert restaurant or you could just have a picnic or maybe go to the beach...".

"Thanks, dad"

He nods

"Stay here, while I get you some extra money"

"No, Dad you don't have to-"

"I'm not taking no for an answer," he says joyfully.

I waited here sitting on my bed. Minutes later he returns with his wallet, he gets out over sixty pounds.

"Here"

I shake my head no "I can't take all of this, dad it's too much"

"Don't be silly take it"

Knowing he wouldn't give up I just take the money.

"Thanks, I'll pay you back"

"No need. You're my son, you don't ever have to pay me back" he says smiling.

"Now then, I want you to think about everything you're going to do and get your girl," he says smiling.

"I will"

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas. Thanks for reading this chapter, hope you enjoyed it. Please vote, comment & share.