A new friend?

Brooklynn's POV:

I wake up taking a quick shower, getting dressed up in all black. I go downstairs to get something to eat. I walk into the kitchen seeing mum washing up the dishes, I hug her.

"Morning mum"

"Good morning, you're up early today"

I look over at the clock. Wow 7:30

"I didn't even realise"

"Well now that you are up what do you want for breakfast," she asks

I look around, she hasn't made anything yet

"Uh... I'll just have cereal" I say

She stops what she's doing

"What cereal do you want," she asks walking over to the shelve opening the doors where we put the cereal. I walk next to her looking at all of the options.

I point at one. Lucky charms. Yum.

"I'm sure you can make them without hurting yourself," she says smiling walking back to the sink.

I giggle "Yeah thanks"

I pour some of it into the bowl then getting the milk out of the fridge pouring it in the bowl.

I sit down at the table and start eating it. After finishing it Mum takes it washing it up along with the other dirty dishes.

I get my phone out of my bag and text Grace, I feel like I haven't talked or seen her in such a long time.

Hey girl how u been

A couple seconds later and I get a reply

Hi I'm ok what about you

Yeah, anyway I'm already dressed so I'll come and pick u up I feel like I haven't seen you in a while

I put my phone back in my bag, quickly run back upstairs to get some extra pens. I head out the door, get in the car driving off.

I arrive at Grace's house ringing the doorbell, it opens and to my surprise, it's not Grace or her mother who opens it's a guy. It's Ryder Wilson.

What is he doing in Grace's house? I don't speak at all I just stand there in shock. Did he break into the house? No no no I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Maybe he's one of Grace's friends, I mean she has always been able to make friend easily. That being said why this guy. Could it be that he made a move on her?

"What!" he says taking me out of my thoughts

"W-what"

"What do you want," he asks rudely. Oh my god how is Grace so nice to him if he is her friend. This kid needs some manners.

"Is Grace here?" I ask

"Why"

"I'm picking her up to go to school, I texted her"

He opens the door wider for me to enter. I walk straight past him not even thanking him and head upstairs to Grace.

I knock on the door twice and open it.

"Hey,"I say

"Hi," she says happily

"Um...Grace"

"Yes"

"Why is uh.. Ryder in your house" I ask nervously "You guys didn't have s-" I stop myself, what am I saying, this is Grace, she wouldn't of would she? No no. She didn't, she told me she wanted it to be special and romantic. Yeah, I shouldn't over think this situation.

I look up at her and she has a confused look on her face "Huh"

"Oh.. Um... N-nevermind"

We talk for a bit about everything that has been happening, I ask her how she's feeling and she seems to be okay better than I thought she would be. Also seems like Ryder isn't a bad guy either he's been kind to her but I can on take her word for it, she tells me that he told her that he has feelings for her and wants to be with her but she doesn't know how to act on it. She will figure it out sooner or later.

We walk downstairs seeing Ryder watching a show. At least he knows that Grace needs a little girl talk. He sees us and turns it off standing up. All three of us walk outside, Grace locks the door behind us.

"Ryder are you coming with us," I ask because it seems unusual for him to be at school especially this early.

"No"

"Why not," Grace asks with concern

He shrugs "It doesn't matter"

"What do mean 'It doesn't matter'" I say annoyed at him, Grace obviously wants him to come with us so why is he saying this.

He shrugs again "Do you really care"

"Yes!" Both me and Grace say at the same time, and then we smile at each other for doing so.

"I'm suspended," he tells us

We both gasp

I bet he was caught fighting or maybe something worse. Smoking? Selling drugs? God, I hope not

"F-For what?" I ask cautiously

"Fighting"

Thank god

"Why were you fighting" Grace ask

"It doesn't matter. Anyways you should go I don't want to be the reason why you're late" he says, she nods.

Before we leave he pulls her into a hug and whispers something to her that I can't quite hear, but makes her blush deeply.

Thanks for reading this chapter, hope you enjoyed it. Please vote, comment & share. Thanks.