23

Leave the past behind, live your present and look forward for the future.

With this saying I started fresh, and so far it's going great.

Our school is hosting a Diwali party in the upcoming weekend. The preparations are going great. We are using our assembly ground as the party hall. Actually it's open party so that at the end of it we can watch firework show.

Everyone in the 12th batch is excited about the party. The party is only for us because we are going to graduate this year.

"Sage try this one."Tammy said showing me a black dress. It was pretty.

I took the dress from her hand and went inside the changing room. I slipped into that dress and examined myself in the mirror.

Hmm. I look pretty

"I am taking this."I announced.

After my dress was finalised we moved to Tammy's dress. She took a black skirt and white top with black polka dots in it.

The party has a colour code. Black. It can be any shade of black. But it has to be black. It was like we are going for a Halloween party instead of Diwali.

After the shopping I dropped Tammy at her complex and then drove towards my house. There wasn't anyone home yet, that means mom and dad are working late.

I removed my shoes and placed them nicely inside the cabinet and walked inside my room. After getting fresh I made some sandwich for myself and took out Orange juice from the fridge.

It feels so good. Cool OJ after a long day of shopping. After I finished my food I went to my room and curled inside my covers.

I was definitely excited for the party.

~×~

"C'mon Sage hurry up."Rohan said banging at my door.

"Just a second."I said. Quickly I applied lipstick and then wore my heals. I checked my reflection in the mirror.

I look great.

"Let's go."I said opening the door of my room. Rohan was there right in front of me. He was looking so good in his dress.

He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with black leather jacket, black jeans and black canvas. Though he was dressed casually he was looking so good.

"You are looking beautiful Sage."he said eyeing me.

"You look good too."I smiled.

"Let's go." he said grabbing my hand and dragged me out of the house.

Tammy and Veer were already waiting for us in the car downstairs. Veer was also looking good. He was wearing black jeans and white t-shirt with black sneakers. And Tammy was looking cute in his dress. She paired her outfit with black velvet boots.

Once we were inside the car the driver started the car and drove us to the school. The party is in the school's ground as I said earlier. I hope it won't be hot. Otherwise I won't be able enjoy. Because I'll be covered in sweat. And I hate it.

After an hour we reached the party. The security guard took our ID cards and made entry. He gave us our ID back and we made our way inside the school campus.

"Why it's so quite and dark?"I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe the party hasn't started yet."Rohan said.

But as soon as we reached the ground the lights went on and everyone screamed "Happy birthday Sage." I was shocked. I looked around and there stood everyone clapping and cheering for me. I didn't expect this. This is amazing. Swayam and Veer wheeled the cake trolley in front of me. It has my picture in the cake.

I blew the candles and then cut the cake. I gave the first bite to Veer. He hugged me and wished me.

Best birthday ever.

"Let the party began."some one shouted from the crowd. A chorus of Yes echoed in the ground.

The bright light turned into dim and the music got loud. People gathered in the center and started to dance.

I turned towards my friends with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"Who's idea was it?"I asked.

"Tammy's idea."Rohan said.

"My idea was just of a surprise party. But the idea of celebrating it was Veer's and Rohan's."Tammy shrugged.

I embraced my three best friends in bone cursing hug.

"Thank you so much guys." I said. "By the way where is my gifts?"

"You'll get them after the party."Rohan grinned.

"Come on lets dance."Tammy said and dragged us to the dance floor.

After one hour all the officials left from the venue except sport's teachers. They are most lenient teachers in the whole campus. The dance floor was crowded for two hours but after the people become tired and left the floor. Around nine the floor was almost empty except few boys who were just goofing around.

"I'll be right back."Tammy said went up to the guy who was playing the songs. She said something to him for which he nodded. After the agreement Tammy came back to us.

"What you said to him?" I asked.

"You'll find out soon."she winked at me. I just rolled my eyes.

Soon the song finished and new song started to play. Which was by the way a romantic song. All the students cheered loudly. Tammy was the first one to get up. She grabbed Veer's hand and dragged him at the centre of the ground. She kept her hands on his shoulder and Veer kept his hands on her waist and began to dance on the rhythm.

All the students cheered for them as well. And few wolf whistles were also heard.

"Come on."Rohan said offering me his hand. I took it and he lead us to the dance floor. Soon many people joined us on the dance floor. Me and Rohan dance continuously for so long that we were dead tired. But Rohan doesn't want to let go of me that's why we are now just swaying slowly.

"You know I have waited for this moment for a long time."Rohan said.

"Me too Rohan."I smiled. "I have always wished for this."

He gave me a charming smile and then pulled me closer. He was about to say something when his phone started to ring. He pulled out his phone from the pocket and answered the call.

"Hello....what!!..no...where?.. I'd be right there."he hung up.

"Rohan what's wrong?"I asked but he didn't answered.

"Veer we have to leave right now."he said. His voice was almost breaking. He was still holding my hand but now his grip on my hand was so tight.

We didn't spoke a word as we left the school campus for God knows what.

____________________________________

Hello people.

Sage's party dress on the top

Who do you think called Rohan? What was the news which shook him? Where are they going to go now? What's going on and what's going to happen?

Any clues.

Until next time
Stay beautiful
Love
Shafaque 😘💕

Date of update:- 30/11/16