4

"Come on Sage you can do it," Tamanna shouted. Right now we are at school's badminton court. I and Rashi are playing badminton.

She is good at badminton as well as other sport. She is definitely a sportsperson. Last year she went nationals for volleyball and this year she is trying for badminton. Every year she will go for a different sport and surely will go up to regionals or nationals.

Like me, it's her last year for achieving something big. She plays every sport well but doesn't excel in any. Whereas I and Tamanna are the star player of badminton. We have won many tournaments together.

"Come on Sage you need only one point to win this game," Tamanna shouted again.

And that on point is mine. I thought. I saw a shuttle coming towards me. From the height and speed, can predict that it is going to be a drop shot. I stepped forward and tossed the shuttle back but I didn't hit it hard which is why it touched the net crossing it and falling on the court.

She missed the shot. Everyone clapped for us. It was a tough game. She was only one point behind. We shook each other's hand and then went to sit. Tamanna handed me water. I took a sip and kept it back.

"Well played Thakur," I heard Veer's voice. I turned and saw them leaning against the door, looking all hot in their basketball shorts and t-shirts. They were completely soaked in sweat.

"Don't you guys have your practice?" I asked.

"We do have, but Rohan here wanted to see you," Veer said pointing towards Rohan.

"And you wanted to see Tammy play," Rohan smirked.

He didn't deny it. Does it mean he likes me? Does it mean he thinks of me as more than just a friend?

Of course not Sage, get hold of yourself.

"Well, I am not denying it. I am here for her," he said. I rolled my eyes. Typical boyfriend.

"Good. Next is hers," I said. They came and sat next to me.

"You are soaked," Veer said.

"As if you are not," I said.

"Toss," the referee said. They tossed and Tammy won the toss. She chooses to serve first. It was going to be an interesting game.

"Isn't she the best player?" Veer commented.

"Sage is much better," Rohan said.

"Well that is undebatable," Veer agreed, still looking at his girlfriend.

"Stop buttering me and tell me what you guys want?" I asked.

"You know us so well," Rohan said and kept his arm on my shoulder.

"That I do," I said.

"I need you to do my physics work. You know tomorrow is submission and I have to complete my chemistry also."  Veer said. I sighed.

"OK," I said. Veer and Rohan high fived. "You guys are lucky that I love you both."

"I love you too Sage," Rohan said.

"But I love Tammy." Veer said.

I ignored Veer and concentrated on the game. Currently, Tammy is behind by two points. She tossed the shuttle and her opponent tossed it back.