Chapter 1

"Kai Sullivan?"

"Yeah, that's me."

The blonde lady at the desk handed me a brochure and a key.

"Welcome to Greymoore Collegiate!", she exclaimed loudly, with an enormous fake smile on her face.

"Your room is on the top floor. Room 1006." She gestured to the ceiling. I looked up following her hand.

"There's ten floors?" I inquired, chuckling. The once extemely happy expression of the lady abruptly turned into a scowl.

"NEXT", she blasted sharply, the word ringing in my ear.

"Okay then. 10th floor it is." I walked away from the desk flinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"Elevator...", I whispered to myself scanning the room. I turned back to face the bipolar desk lady.

"Where's the elevator?", I yelled across to her. Her scowl returned as she pointed to the sign above my head.

"Thank you!", I replied politely, matching her previous fake smile and raising my hand at her. She dismissed it and turned towards the next kid in line, her annoyingly enlarged smile returning to her face.

Shaking my head , I started towards the elevator doors. I entered the empty elevator and pressed 10, lifting slowly up to the top floor of the building.

My room was at the far end of a long hallway. 1006. I reached the door and turned the key. I opened the door to find two beds instead of one.

I stayed paused in the doorway where there were suitcases on the bed closest to the door. Suddenly someone walked out of the bathroom and turned towards me.

"Oh hi. Didn't see you there.", he said, holding out his hand. I ignored it.

"Uh...why are you in my room?", I questioned, looking at the boy in the eye. He dropped his hand looking confused.

"This is our room."

"No. I'm supposed to have my own room. You know. Alone. Just mine." He walked away towards his bed, beginning to unpack his luggage.

"I don't know what to tell you man. I guess we're roommates."

"Great", I mumbled. "Roommates."