Chapter Seventy Eight.

Daryl; 

It had been almost two weeks and I hadn't seen Sarah. Nor had I heard anything about her. 

Hell, I didn't even know if she was even alive.

Every day, I was out there looking for their base and every night, I'd come home without her and fall asleep in an empty bed. 

It felt wrong to come back without her with me but what else could I do? 

Sometimes however, it felt as if I was the only one who was worried about her. Once Rick got Carl back, that was it.

It was as if he didn't care about her and I know that it was a  pretty shitty thing to think, but it just felt that way. 

I looked up from the map I was looking at when there was a knock at the door. I had to try and figure out where the hell they could be but so far, I had absolutely no idea.

"Hey," Carol sat down across from me, "Jesus is here." 

"So?" 

"He says he's seen Sarah." she said quietly and that immediately caught my attention, "He's at Rick's." 

She followed me over the street into Rick's house, where he was sat at the kitchen table. 

"You've seen her?" I asked, "You've seen Sarah?" 

He nodded. 

"Where?" 

"At the Hilltop," he said, "She was with Negan." 

I let out a small sigh of relief, "Did she look alright?" 

"She did," he mumbled, "She spoke to me. Told me to tell you that she's okay. He's treating her well." 

I sat down across from him and Rick spoke, "Any idea if she's going to get home soon?" 

"No," he said, "But she said that if she keeps doing what she's doing, whatever that is, hopefully it'll be soon."

"That's good," Rick said, hand resting on my shoulder, "Daryl, she's safe. She's alive." 

"But she ain't here!" I yelled, "She ain't here. She's not with us, where she's supposed to be! And you ain't doing to help find her!" 

"I know that this is hard."

"No you don't," I said, shaking my head, "You have your loved one back. If that was Carl still out there, you'd be going out of your mind trying to find him, just like you were last week." 

"Their base," Jesus said slowly, making me look at him, "I don't know much about it but it's a big building. A warehouse, a factory. Something like that. I don't even know how far it is. I wish I could give you some more information." 

"No," I mumbled, standing up, "That'll help. Thanks." 

Before anyone else could say anything, I turned and left. 

I was going to find her. I said it last week and I'm saying it again and if I had to do it on my own, so be it but I was going to do it.

**

Sarah;

Every day in this place was the same. I'd be woken up, given something to eat and then taken down to do inventory; they seemed to be bringing new items into the place every day. Then during the evening, I'd be taken outside into the yard for some fresh air. 

I hadn't actually seen Negan in a couple of days. The last time being when he upgraded me from my tiny cell to a room with an actual bed in it. 

So today, I was going to ask to speak to him, no, I was going to demand to speak to him. Dwight came in at the same time he normally did but this time, he was surprised to see me sitting on the bed waiting for him.