By the Lake

Around midnight, Rose slipped out of her bed and into her jumper and cloak. She slid on her flats. As she was going to leave the room, Lily called out.
"Rose, please, don't meet him. I don't want you to get hurt." Her twin said. Rose looked at her sister.
"I won't." then she left the room. Running through the halls and leaving through a side door. Slipping down the grounds. And to the lake.
"Rose!" Lucas called. Rose turned her head to look at him. He ran up and smiled brightly at her.
"Hey." She said. Underneath her jumper, she was wearing a spaghetti strapped tank top.
"I'm so sorry!" he said,then he went in for the kiss. Rose reacted to slow. Becore she could push him away, his arms lovked her in a tight embrace. Placing his lips on hers.
She stuggled and finally pushed him away. She placed a hand over her mouth. Mumbling a set of words. "My...first kiss." It was so low, that Lucas barely heard it. He smirked before laughing.
"How pathetic are you?! That was your first kiss? Hah! Your 15 years old. God are you a prude!" Lucas laughed. Rose shook her head. Backing away, she turned and ran. Running away from the boy she thought that liked her. Tears welled up in her eyes.
She ran into a ravenclaw prefact. He steadied her. Looking at her face.
"Lily?" he asked. Rose shook her head. "Rosalinda?" He asked again. She nodded.
"Hey are you okay?" He asked. Bending down to her size to look at her face. She shook her head no. "I'll walk you back to the Gryffindor Tower." He smiled slightly at Rose. They walked in silence. Takeing each step slowly, until they reached the portit.
          "Thank you." Rose wispered. Looking up at him.
           "Anytime. Rosalinda. Im Jake, Jake Martin." He said. Introducing himself.
          "Rose."
        "What?"
        "I don't like Rosalinda, so it's just Rose." Rose gave a small explanation.
          "Do you want to talk about what happened." He lookedinto jer eyes. They were still red from tears.
         She nodded."Yes. Well yesterday now, Lucas took me out on a date."
         "4th year gryffindor?"
      "Yeah. He took me to madam poodfots. Anyway my friends called me out and he ended up speaking for me. Then he called James Potter an Idiot. I left acter than and hung out with my sister." she paused. "When we got back into the common room, he told me that he wanted to meet by the lake at midnight. I did and well, he apologized then kissed me. After he... Called me a prude and pathetic. I thought he eeally liked me, but another girl also told me that she heard him calling Lily...a Muddblood." she froze. Jake looked at her before putting the pieces together that it was her first kiss.
           "Rose.....was it your first kiss?" He asked. Rose nodded. Looking up at the boy.
           He was taller than her, then again, who wasn't. He had light brown hair and blue eyes. His hair was swept over to one side so he could see. Jake was actully pretty cute. Tack that on with being in Ravenclaw, he would be an ideal person.
        "Yes." Rose said. Looking down at her feet. A bright red blush appearing on her cheeks.
           "I...uhh. You don't hae to count that as your first kiss. You could always cpunt your next one as it." Jake's ears were turning pink. Rose had been at Hogwarts for a single month. Already, she was the Gryffindor Team Seeker, but she was great friends with the madauraders.
       "How?" Rose asked. Jake blushed even more.
         "I could kiss you!" He blurted out suddenly. Obviously showing that he had a crush on her. His face was red as he took a deep breath.
          "What? Did i hear you correctly?"
           "Yes. I mean I've seen you in classes. Your really intellectual and beautiful. You laugh is like a thousand of tiny bells going off. I uhh."
        "Yes. You can kiss me." He looked at her. Then taking 2 steps forward, he placed a hand on her waist as she stood on her tiptoes. He brought his head down before connecting their lips.
         The kiss was soft, sweet. Everything that should go into a kiss. Not something out of pure lust. There was feelings of kindness and love.
         When Jake pulled away, it had barely been 30 seconds. Rose smiled softly.  
           "Uhh." Jake mumbled. His hands still around her small waist. Her long red hair in his fingers. Bright, emerald green eyes looking up at him.
           "Thank you..." Rose wispered. The grin playing with her lips.
            "What does this make us, Rose?" Jake asked. Looking down at the 15 year old girl.
         "Well, there's a hogsmeade trip the day of the Halloween Ball, so we could go together and find out." She said. Playing with his robes a little.
             "I'd like that, as long as you are my date to the Halloween Ball." Jake said. Rose nodded. Stepping away, she turned and said the password.
         Jake kissed her cheek before running off to finish his duites. Rose promptly entered Gryffindor Tower to see Lily and James standing side by side. Waiting for her.
           "Rose...." Lily started.
             "Lils, please don't. I know it was a mistake." Rose said before her sister could say anything.
            "Then why are you smiling?" James asked. Raising an eyebrow. She looked at him, then looked back at Lily.
         "Things happen. Im okay. Im going up to bed. Night!" Rose said. Quickly leaving the sene. Lily followed up after her and when she got up there, rose was slipping under her covers once more. She shook her head at her twin before slipping back into her four poster herself.
          Rose's mind was racing. Thinking about how Jake acted towards her and the fact that she was going to have to face Lucas in the morning. Was tomorrow going be a hard day.