Chapter Twenty-Nine

Harper's P.O.V

Walking in to my room i head to my makeup and dab some concealer under my eyes getting rid of any traces of mascara. Applying a fresh coat of mascara i think about how Maria's coven is doing.

I should probably ring Maria.

Thinking back to this morning i remember that i left my phone down stairs when we went outside to deal with Oliver. A growl sounds form my chest at the thought of Oliver.

Spraying a light coat of setting spray over my makeup i put on some quick perfume before walking out the room.

Walking downstairs i head straight to the kitchen to see my phone sat on the island. Grabbing my phone i dial Maria's number and head outside to the pack garden.

"Hello?" Maria's voice answers through the receiver sounding better then it did the lat time i spoke to her.

"Hey Maria, It's Harper. I just called to ask how things are with the rogue situation?" I ask walking down the steps and sitting in chair near the pool. Not many people are outside but the few that are cast me respectful nods as i nod back in return.

"Harper dear, how are you? Things with the rogues have settled down miraculously. The spell you cast worked really well" She told me and i sighed in relief hearing that everything is fine.

"Yeah i'm okay i guess. Some things have happened here and there but i'm dealing with it" I sighed running my hand through my hair.

"Problem with the mate?"

"Actually no, things with Xavier are great. Were kind of together now" I wince as Maria starts cheering on the other side of the phone.

"I'm so happy for you!" She cheered before stopping instantly "So what's wrong then?" She asks with her voice layered in concern.

And then i told her everything. About all the doubts and thoughts I've had. About the box of photos and the letter from the rogue king. About my nightmare and about the attack on the pack. About Sasha's death and about bringing her back to life. And about all the rogue drama and everything that had happened since the last time i saw her.

"Oh sweetie i am sorry to hear all of that. But you have to remember that everything that is happening is not your fault no matter how many people say it is. You seem to forget how amazing you are and how strong you are as a person. Maybe a way to stop the rogues is to do what you did here; cast a spell. The you need to figure out where the rogues base is and kill the motherfuckers" She finished with rage evident in her tone when she talked about the rogues.

Xavier's scent hit my nose as i turned my head and saw him walking over. "Thanks Maria you always know what to do. I'm going to go now because Xavier is coming over and I'll see about that spell idea" I tell her and she bids me a 'bye' before hanging up the phone.

Sighing softly i lock my phone before placing it next to me just as Xavier sits down next to me. "Everything alright?" He asks draping his arm over my shoulder pulling me in to his side.

"We need to stop the rogues getting in to the territory" I tell him watching the ripples in the pool water.

"I know we do babe. But there's no successful way we can do it" He sighs running his hand through his hair; effortlessly flexing his biceps.

"Let me do it" I tell him concentrating on the water and creating little waves.

"And how are you going to do that?" He asks curiously watching the waves in awe.

"I can cast a spell. I just got of the phone with Maria, the leader of a witch coven, and i put a spell around her land and it worked. No more unwelcome people can get in to her land" I shrug and move my arm up gently as the water follows my movements.