Chapter Seventeen

Harper's P.O.V

After getting out of the shower i changed into some ripped blue jeans and a grey belly top that showed my torso. Putting on a pair of white converse a idea popped into my head. Quickly drying my hair i put it up in a messy bun with a couple of strands framing my face.

For my makeup i added some light foundation with concealer. I shaped and filled in my eyebrows and added a thin layer of mascara. Adding a dash of highlighter i swiped on some nude lipstick and i was done. i set my makeup with setting spray and put on a bit of highlighter before grabbing my phone and walking out my room.

Jogging down the stairs i tried to find the guys by their scents but since there was so many scents in the pack house i couldn't focus on just one. Sighing i went to the bottom floor and the sound of shouting led me to the game room where the guys were playing FIFA. 

'Why am i not surprised?' Aurora asked rhetorically 

Slumping down on a sofa next to Terry he turned away from the TV quickly to give me a smile. Several yells and cheers later the boys finally finished up their game whilst i was looking at street races. The guys all put down their controllers and looked at me expectantly as if they already knew i was going to say something.

Sitting up from my previous crouched position i locked my phone and slipped it into my back pocket. "Okay so you guys know how we didn't go street racing last night due to some...issues?" I ask as they all nod eagerly probably already knowing where i was going with this conversation.

"Well whilst you guys were all playing FIFA and screaming at the TV i was texting Joe about street races" Joe was kind of like a manager for a lot of street racers. He knows whenever there is a street race and he deals with the money side of things; like the bets. Anyway we've worked with Joe for as long as we've been street racing and hes become kind of like a manager. He tells us about any upcoming races and he deals with out bets not to mention he looks out for us at the races. "Well Joe said there is a lot of races on to night and its first come, first serve. So i was thinking if you guys want to-" 

My speech was cut short as the guys began cheering and shouting. "Shit! I need to check my car over before the races" Terry shouted before running of being followed by Dylan and Scott who said the same thing.

"Are you sure you're feeling up to racing Harps, you after what happened yesterday?" Cal asked slumping down next to me putting his arm around my shoulders. Resting my head on Cal's shoulder i grabbed a nearby controller.

"I'm fine. Now stop being all serious because i challenge you to a game of FIFA!" I shouted causing Cal's laughter to fill the air.

*
*
*

"You guys ready to race?!" I shout sat on the kitchen counter as all the guys scream 'yes' as they busy around the kitchen making food.

"Man i am so ready to race; its been forever!" Terry says sitting down at the island checking out who's racing tonight and when.

"Its been far too long" Dylan agrees sitting down next to Terry snacking on a packet of cookies. I want cookies.

"Harper you want a bacon sandwich?" Scott asked me from his place in front of the oven grilling bacon.

"Oh my goddess yes! See this is why you're my best friend!" I reply as Scott chuckles and the rest of the guys pout at me.

"B-but i thought i was your best friend!" Dylan whines pretending to cry.

"You didn't share your food!" I shout playfully at him pouting.

"You never share your food with me!" Dylan argued back.