Chapter Twenty-Two

Harper's P.O.V

Walking back in to the pack house i'm met by Marianne, Patrick and Sasha chatting in the kitchen. "I didn't think training finished until 7?" Patrick asked as i went to the fridge and poured myself a glass of orange juice.

"It doesn't but Stephanie tried to put me in hospital" I summarise the past events bluntly and sit down on the kitchen counter sipping my orange juice.

"What happened?" Sasha asked immediately taking my juice out of my hand and placing frozen peas on my swollen knuckles.

"What a  bitch; I've never liked the cow" Sasha bluntly stated after i told them everything that happened at the demonstration and what Charlie told me.

"Sasha!" Patrick scolded trying to fight back his smile at his mates behaviour.

"Well it's true. She's always acting like she's the luna and i'm just here like nu-uh bitch; that ain't happening!" She argues back taking the peas away from my knuckles now that they've healed.

"okay, okay. But now we should really get going. Our dinner reservations are at 5:30" He said grabbing his mates hand. "Bye guys!" They shout in unison before making their way out of the pack house.

"Harper?" Marianne asks softly making my eyes snap up to meet her dark blue eyes. Her greying blonde hair is pulled on top of her head i a bun as her features show guilt. "I'm sorry for saying all that last night. I just wanted them to see how amazing you are and not what anyone of them think you are" she tells me softly"

"Its fine. I see why you did it and honestly i'm over it now" I told her jumping over the counter and pulling her in to a hug.

"Oh thank goddess!" She whispers returning my hug. "Now lets get you something to eat because a little birdie told me you woke up late and haven't had anything to eat" She said pulling away from the hug and taking things out of the cupboard.

"I had a apple?" I told her sitting down at the island finishing my orange juice and rinsing the glass out before putting it on the draining board.

"Dear goddess this is worse than the doughnut!" She sighs exasperated making me erupt in to laughter.

A little while later she's placed a bowl of macaroni cheese in front of me with a glass of water.

Saying a quick 'thank you' i hastily dig in as she finishes making her self a cup of tea. Sitting in front of me she sips at her tea quietly looking in deep thought. "Are you okay?" I ask her as she snaps her eyes to mine looking like a deer caught in head lights.

"Yeah i'm fine" she tries to lie smoothly but she seems to forget i am the master at lying. That shit ain't happening.

Giving her a deadpan look she sighs before looking down at her cup of tea. "Come on what wrong?" I ask her as silent tears start to flow down her cheeks.

Acting immediately i get up from my seat and pull her in to a hug. "I miss him!" She chokes out through a sob as she cries on to my shoulder. I don't even have to ask who as i already know she's talking about her mate, Charles. She's been acting strong but I've known for a while she wasn't fine deep down. I was just waiting for her to talk to me about it.

"I want him back!" She chokes out through a sob as her tears soak my shoulder and her body shakes with sobs. It's time like these where i feel truly guilty; guilty that i haven't yet got them back. I've had to  comfort many of my pack members because they've lost someone from that rogue attack. And each time i feel guiltier and guiltier.

One of Marianne's friends walk in the room and immediately runs to her other side comforting to her. Last night Xavier said that the rogue who brought the package were in the cells. Time i get a couple of answers from them.