Chapter Five

Harper's P.O.V

The seconds click by on the clock. The bed sheets lie discarded at the end of the bed. The pillows lie on the floor by the walls from when I threw them earlier.

It's been a day since I saw him; since I saw them haunting grey eyes.

Aurora stays curled up in the back of my mind, she's been there since I ran away from him at the waterfall.

But I had to run away from him. I'd just ruin him like I ruin everything else. My life's too complicated and if I'm with him I'll just drag him into my complicated life. I'll put him in danger, if the rogue alpha is looking for me then he most likely wants more power and I can guarantee that he won't stop until he finds me and he'll get rid of anything in his way. If I'm with Xavier I'll put him in too much danger, I'm not having him get hurt or killed because of me.

Deciding sleep is most likely impossible for me right about now I drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom. Discarding my clothes I throw them in the washing basket and turn the shower on. Hopping into the shower I allow the the warm water to wash away all my worries. Washing my hair quickly I jump out the shower and wrap a fluffy towel around my body.

Standing in front of the mirror I can't help but notice how how tired I look, bags cover my under eyes as my eyes themselves look slightly bloodshot. Pulling away from the mirror I walk into the walk in wardrobe and slip on matching underwear. Scanning through my clothes I decide on plain black running leggings with a black Nike workout top that shows of my toned stomach. Throwing on some black trainers and trainer socks I brush through my hair and dry it quickly then throw it up into a messy high ponytail.

Jogging down the stairs I grab a glass of water and watch the trees move with the gentle wind. A unsettling feeling consumes me as I look out for anything suspicious. Mid sip I get a mindlink.

'Alpha rogues are attacking at West border!' a panicked voice says in my mind.

'On my way!' I reply before cutting the link and running towards the west border.

Thanks to my speed I get there in under five minutes. Taking in the scene I see about seven rogues fighting of four of my guards. Where are the other guards?

Instead of worrying about where the other guards are I tackle a rogue to ground, that was about to go for the death bite on one of my guards, and swiftly snap it's neck. One down, six to go.

A rogue moves away from one of the guards and begins slowly walking towards me as if it's staking it's prey, well bitch if you think I'm prey you need your head fixing.

The rogue lunged at me as I side step simply and dodge his attack earning me a growl. A scream of pain pulled my attention away from the rogue as  I see two rogues fighting one of my guards that has a gash running down his leg. In my moment of distraction I get tackled to the ground as the wolf tries to go for the kill bite. Switching the position quickly I get on top of the rogue and snap its neck quickly before running towards the guard and throwing a rogue against a tree and rendering him unconscious.

The guards leg doesn't look too deep but it sure as hell effects his fighting. The second rogue jumped high at me earning me a chance to place my hands on his belly and throwing him over my head. Walking over to the rogue I swiftly snap it's neck before it has the chance to attack me again.

Noticing the rogue I earlier through against the tree regaining consciousness I quickly grab it's head and smash it against the tree killing it instantly. Three down, three more to go.

Running  over to the wounded guard I place my hands under his arms and drag him over to a nearby tree to lean against. Looking around I see the other three guards have shifted and are fighting the rogues with ease meaning I shouldn't have to help them.