Chapter Two

Xavier's P.O.V

"Xavier mate are you even listening?" Oliver asks.

"Oh um, yeah yeah. Sorry I just got a bit distracted" I apologise sincerely. I really didn't mean to space out I guess I just got a little bit caught up in my thoughts.

I'm currently sat in a meeting with Oliver discussing theories about the he rogue attack on silver star pack. It doesn't make sense about why the rogues would attack them. Yes they were the second strongest pack in America but if they were attacking them because of their power then surely try would of attacked ours first since were the strongest pack in America, it just didn't make sense to me.

"Hows your mum and dad doing with it all?" Oliver questions further. My mum and dad were close with the alpha and Luna of silver star pack and apparently so was I. I don't remember much of them because last I saw them was a couple of years ago, I remember being friends with their daughter though, her name was Harper I think. I remember the first time I met her she had behind her mum's leg.

Breaking from my thoughts I blew out air between my lips as I thought about how to answer Olivers question. "They're still quite upset, they're both trying to be involved in the investigation as much as possible. They're both convinced that the alphas and Luna's daughter, Harper, got away with people from the attack though" I answer thoughtfully, honestly i don't know if anyone got away. We've been to the Pack grounds and found a few bodies but that's it, and we've found no trace that they got away, it really is a mystery.

"Not to doubt your parents or anything Xavier but how could anyone of got away. You know what rogues are like; they're ruthless. They wouldn't of let her or anyone get away, there is of course a small chance that people got away but surely they wouldn't be able to survive for this long; not to be a dick or anything but it just seem very much unlikely" he speaks lightly trying not to cause any offence and trying not to piss me off.

Thinking about what he's said it does make a lot of sense but my parents seem pretty convinced that some people must of got away. "I see your point oliver I really do, but my parents are pretty certain that some of them got away. They seem to hold a lot of courage in the Luna and alphas daughter, Harper. I dont know why but they do" I explain with a sigh. The attack on the pack really got to them, I've never seen them like this before.

"But you've met this girl before yes?" Oliver paused so I could answer the question to which I did with a curt nod. "And? Did she seem like the kind of girl who could do some miracle kind of stuff and save a bunch of people from a rogue attack?!" He argued.

"Well no, but that was when we were little, she was just a little girl, she's got to be like 16 or 17 by now, she must of changed over the years!" I reply exasperated. People change over the years, I know i sure have.

A sigh brought my attention back to Oliver as he sat there and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Okay okay okay, arguing about whether or not they escaped is pointless and isn't getting us anywhere. Back to a earlier topic, about what that rogue said about a white wolf or something. What do you think about that" he changed the subject.

A sigh escapes my lips as I rub at my temples. "I suppose the bit about the rogue alpha or something looking for a white wolf could be true. But I mean there's no actual evidence that the white wolf exists, no one even knows that much about it either, it's not like anyone in this pack or your pack has ever seen or met one. All we know about the white wolf is that it's supposedly one of the strongest wolves around and that it's suppose to help people or some shit like that, and that's all we know from legends and myths and stuff" I say. I want to say I believe that there is such a thing as a white wolf, but I just don't know.