Chapter Eighteen

Harper's P.O.V 

The dirt and dust is left behind after my wheels as my car moves fast paced through the dirt track. As soon as the crowd muttered the word 'go' my car accelerated and i left that dark blue Lamborghini in the dust.

The wind whips through my hair viciously, my hood long gone now. But i don't care; it just adds to my adrenaline. Stepping on my brake slightly i quickly change gear and do a sharp turn all the way around the curve in the dirt track. 

Accelerating further i push my car to the limits as i reach 120 mph. Looking the rear view mirror i see the Lamborghini far in the distance struggling to keep up with my pace. Fist pumping the air i do a little victory dance in my seat keeping one hand on the steering wheel at all times.

'I'm not even surprised were winning' Aurora says with a hint of amusement in her voice making me crack a grin. 

Switching on the radio Ed Sheeran's voice blasts through the speakers as i sing along.  Changing gear i drive up the hill to the highway and concentrate on the passing cars. 

Moving quickly i swiftly pull up onto the highway and accelerate pushing my car faster down the highway.  Switching lanes to avoid a car i look in the rear view mirror and see the Lamborghini catching up slowly. Shaking my head i increase my speed back up to 100 mph since i had to go down when coming on to the highway.

Dodging cars and lorries swiftly  i watch as two lorries start heading my way next to each other.

Well fuck.

'Harper?!' the guys voices sound through my head in unison. Of course; to make matters worse i forgot everyone was watching the race.

My opponent was catching up and i really needed this win. 

The lorries were getting closer and closer and i was wondering which lorry would do more damage before a idea popped in to my head.

Smiling to myself i accelerated leaving my opponent behind again. The guys wouldn't stoop sending me mind links so i blocked them and turned slowly so i was positioned right in the middle of the lorry.

Praying to the moon goddess i accelerated to 150 mph and drove right i between the lorries leaving the drivers stunned.

Decreasing my speed quickly i changed gear and swiftly turned back on to the dirt track just missing a car. Smiling to myself i accelerated again and sped past the finish line.

Cheers erupted from the crowd as i put my hood up and climbed out my vehicle. People slapped me on the back as a gesture of 'congratulations' and shouted my name in unison.

Laughing i quickly found the guys for them all to surround me in a group hug and tell me they thought i was going to die.

"I. Can't. Breathe." I ground out in between breaths as the boys all quickly released me. Catching my breath i watched the blue Lamborghini pull in next to my car and my opponent get out of the car. 

He pulled down his hood and i was met with dark brown hair styled to sweep over his forehead, light blue eyes that held my gaze, strong cheekbones and a sharp jawline accompanied by a small scar just below his lip that made him look rebellious. He was good looking; but Xavier was better.

Did i just say that?

Bad Harper!

I scolded myself as the handsome stranger began walking towards me. It was obvious he was human judging by his scent.

"Why's he coming over here?" Scott fake whispered as all the guys looked at him stupidly.

"He's obviously interested in Harper Genius" Terry said and slapped him over the head.