Chapter Thirty-Five

Harper's P.O.V

The wheels of the SUV skidded to a halt at the tree line of the forest. Aurora hasn't spoke to me since we left Xavier's territory and I've kept all mind links blocked; although I can feel Xavier trying it mind link me every second.

As well as this, I can feel all the emotions he's feeling. Ever since we fully completed the mating process we can feel the emotions the other has. It used to be okay; but now it's just hell.

I can feel all the heartbreak, sadness, and despair he's feeling; and it's the worst feeling ever.

Clearing my mind of all thoughts I opened the door and climbed out. My feet hit the terrain with a soft thud and the grass flattened beneath my weight.

Walking over to the trunk I opened the bags and searched through them to see what I had. Grabbing a thigh holster and strapped it on and put a pistol with silver bullets in the slot. Slipping a knife in to an ankle holster I slipped on a black bomber jacket and grabbed an extra gun to keep in the back of my waist band.

Sighing to myself I closed the trunk and thought about the map that gave us the anonymous tip off. Heading west of the beach I thought about the anonymous tip off. Who could off known the information to tell us? And why would they tell us?

Walking deeper in to the forest the trees above began to get thicker. The light dimmed and the shadows of branches and leaves danced along the ground as the icy cool air blew softly against my skin.

Walking a little further I sped up to a speed walk and hid behind a tree with a thick trunk. Popping my head in I zeroed my vision in on a building in between the tree gaps. Focusing further, I could make out the faint image of a grey building, surrounded by trees and moss.

Stepping quietly I walked closer and hid behind tree then and again to avoid the slim chance of being seen. Stepping behind a tree at the edge of the clearing I peered around slightly and spotted two rogues guarding the door to the building, which must be the entrance.

Sniffing up my nose picked up on the scent of rogues and I quickly recoiled in disgust. I had covered my scent with a potion Maria gave me after the rogue attack on my pack; so thankfully, they can't pick up on my scent.

Breathing in deeply I focused on the dirt around the run down building and on the icy cold air. Lifting my forefinger in the air slightly I put it round in a spinning motion and felt the wind's pace quicken up.

Looking towards the building I could see the air around the guards feet get faster and faster and pick up dirt and mud. Smirking to myself, I added more dirt to the mini tornado I had created, and soon enough, the guards' voices could be heard complaining of not being able to see. They stumbled around blindly and dropped the guns they had been initially holding.

The sight of the guards stumbling around blind was funny, and I would've been laughing my head off; that is, if it wasn't such a serious moment with so much on the line.

Adding more dirt I increased the speed of the tornado, and once I was sure that I wouldn't be seen; I slipped out from behind the tree trunk, and stepped in to the tornado ridden clearing.

The cold wind felt like icy cold knives digging in to my skin, as it whipped my hair in all directions and hit my skin in every direction possible. Squinting my eyes, I could make out two burry figures in the dirt and wind and I headed towards them. My eyes watered in the dirt and wind but I couldn't give up.

I stepped up to the figures and swiftly grabbed one of them by the neck, and muffled his screaming with a hand over his mouth. Gripping down on his neck's pressure point I snapped his neck, quicker then someone could say 'cheerio', and his limp body fell to the ground next to my feet.