Chapter Seven

Harper's P.O.V

His eyes show shock, awe, confusion, and so many emotions. But I can't focus on them, the only thing I can focus on is the fact that they have marched into my pack, acting all high and mighty, and the person leading them, is my mate.

He stands there, his hair styled into a messy quiff that has me wanting to run my hands though it over and over again. His plump lips are parted slightly in shock as he stares at me. His eyes hold dark circles underneath them showing he hasn't been sleeping properly.

Worry and guilt instantly cloud my being as i take in the fact that he most likely hasn't been sleeping because of me.

Confused murmurs around us snap me out of my daze and I shook my head as an attempt to clear my head.

'Because that will help, won't it'  My wolf puts in sarcastically.

Blocking her, I take on my Alpha persona and stand up straighter.

Setting my gaze into a cold stare i look over my shoulder and give my warriors a smile and a wink showing them I'm fine.

'You can do this Harps!' Cal and Scotts voices ring out into my empty mind

Setting my cold gaze, I look over the warriors that stand opposite to us. All in stiff stances and awaiting to attack if given the order.

Rasing my eyebrows I look every warrior in the eye, silently challenging them to come at me or my pack. But instead I'm met with bows, as fear radiates of them.

A screams rips through the silence as one of the opposite warriors run towards Xavier carrying a body that looks familiar.

"Alpha, we found this little pest lurking around, what do you want us to do with her?!" The warrior speaks to Xavier with such disgust in his voice, as he dumps the body down; not so gently.

And then it clicks.

That familiar body, is Amelia.

A thunderous growl tears it's way through my throat as Amelia let's out a sob. My warriors behind me take steps back as Xavier's warriors literally look like they're going to piss their pants.

Quickly moving to Amelia's fragile body I take in her appearance. Tears flow freely down her cheeks as one cheek has a angry looking handprint painted on it. Another ferocious growl rips it's way through my throat as I cradle Amelia's body and carry her over back to my original place.

Feeling my body begin to shake in anger, I place Amelia's body in Cal's arms and stand back in front of my warriors locking gazes with the bastard that touched Amelia.

The clouds turn dark as the winds pick up and dirt flies around our feet.

"Well done, you pissed our Alpha off; such a smart move!" Scott says sarcastically as he claps slowly.

I feel everyone's gaze snap to me as I hear Xavier question "Alpha?"

But before anything else is said, I have the bastard, who touched Amelia, pinned to the floor.

"You think it's fucking funny to touch a child?!" I shout as I send a punch to his nose, hearing a sickening crunch; telling me I've already broke his nose.

"She's a fucking child you son of a bitch!" Another punch.

Grabbing the sides of his collar I slam his head into the ground and I feel someone pull me of his body.

Elbowing the person behind me, I go back to attack, and kick him in the side; breaking a couple of his ribs.

Arms wrap around my waist as I'm carried back to my warriors. My feet hit the ground and I immediately  go back for him but I'm stopped by Cal in front of me.