Equinox: Chapter 29

3 Months Later

Splash

"Oh my god!" Lilly used her affinity for water to part the water in the toilet bowl to save her fallen phone. Please don't let it be destroyed, she thought.

"What happened?" Amie called from outside the stall. The two girls were at the mall doing some clothes shopping, it was March now meaning all the summer clothes were out and waiting to be bought.

Lilly pressed the power button but the phone wasn't turning on. "I dropped my god damn phone in the toilet!" She heard her cousin laughing, Lilly opened the stall and gave her girl a death stare, "It's not funny! I need it!"

Amie shrugged put her hands under the sanitized despenser before leaving the bathroom. Lilly sighed and wrapped her phone up in paper before washing her own hands and leaving the bathroom. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon, she and Amie were bored and decided the mall was the best place to go. Apparently everyone else in Boston had the same idea because the stores were packed, which was nothing compared to the parking lot.

As they shopped Amie talking about aimless things, as always. Blake, Ace's best friend who was killed at the school, never came up in conversation. According to Lilly's mom Amie had gone silent about him. No one was really sure if it was because she was finally getting over his death or she had just buried the pain.

"Just take your moms." Amie suggested as they past a store selling phones and Lilly wanted to stop and buy one...not that she had upwards of five hundred dollars.

She shook her head at her cousins suggestion, "It's not the phone I am upset about. It's that now no one can get a hold of me and I can't get a hold of anyone. What if something important happens?" Like someone named Ace decided to kill someone else in her Coven...

Amie rolled her eyes and pulled them into Victoria Secret, "Who would be that desperate to talk to you? No offence. You and Ace broke up three months ago, your friends from the wild are barely calling you. Everyone you need is here. Mainly me. Don't leave me again."

It was Lilly's turn to roll her eyes at her cousin. Though it was true, Lilly's family was in Boston, she was accepted back into normal high school with no covens, rich people or murderers. Life was pretty much back to normal in Boston, which was a nice change from Hawthorne Academy.

It had been three months ago that her father had shown up at the school to take her home after Pepper's murder. The school had closed down temporarily after that and all the students were sent home.

For a time she spoke with someone, mainly Hailey and Jake from Willow Creek a few times a week to keep up with what they knew about the murders and what spell could come from taking body parts.

But as time went on and they found out less and less new information the calls stopped coming, and she stopped calling them. She offered to drive there and visit but no one wanted her on the roads alone.

She never thought she would miss them, at least not all of them. The first couple of weeks she was home it was strange that Hailey wasn't in her room every morning when she woke up, or that they wouldn't eat every mean with Jake. Hell she even missed Sage's bitchy moments.

But it was Mason she was missing the most. She had hardly heard from him since returning to Boston. A few times he sent her a message with information they had found out, nothing important though. He never called her just to talk or say hello, though she never did that either and now, three months later, it felt too late to try and make contact with him.,

"What about these shoes?" Amie's voice brought her out of her thoughts, "Yay or nay? I think yay they're kind of cute, good for prom?"

Lilly rolled her eyes, "You're going to prom?"