Solstice: Chapter 1

It was hot. Too hot. Her clothes were sticking to her, her hair was sticking to her, the sheets and the pillow cases were sticking to her. Basically she felt disgusting and only showered a few hours before.

Lilly Neace tossed and turned atop her mattress, trying her best not to wake the person lying next to her. She could never go back to sleep after waking up, her mind started racing, thinking about random things, her family, her friends, her boyfriend.

Frustrated she groaned and flipped her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. How the hell was the floor hot? It was hardwood! Tossing a backwards glance to the bed she tip toed out of the room and into the bathroom across the narrow hallway.

Stripping down, more so than she already was having gone to bed in her boyfriends baggy t-shirt, which was still way too much, she turned on the shower and stepped under the cold water.

She stood under the stream letting the cold wash away the sweat she worked up over night, still thinking. Thinking about how this time last year she freaked out when her dad told her she had to come to Willow Creek for a week or so, all to bury a woman she didn't know.

This time last year Lilly learned that Norah Essex, her biological and apparently psychotic mother passed away and Lilly had to come to Willow Creek to say goodbye. Little did she know that Norah was a witch and the head of a Coven of teenage witches. Also little did she know that Norah was bat shit crazy and used spells from the Book of Souls, a book that only holds pure evil.

To top off everything she learned about Norah, the woman wasn't even dead. She faked her death to get Lilly to come so she could try and convince her to become her partner is being the most powerful and immortal witch in the world.

Norah's plan backfired and Lilly along with her new Coven and friends drowned Norah in the Black Lake, or so they thought.

The thoughts of the previous months came flooding back. How people at Hawthorne Academy were being killed mysteriously, people in rival covens. How Lilly kept waking up in blood after each bloody murder convinced she had killed someone.

As it turned out Norah didn't die at Black Lake, only didn't re-emerge with vengeance for quite some time. She Attempted to bring another member of the Essex family back to life with harvested body parts under the full moon of the Spring Equinox.

Again Lilly and the coven intervened with the help of Cleopatra, the super powerful and sometimes scary super witch, and Norah was killed this time. Body burned for good measure.

Lilly lathered her hair with lavender shampoo and cleaned off any remaining sweat with soap before turning off the tap and stepping out of the tub. Picking up her toothbrush she stared at herself in the mirror while counting to two hundred as she brushed

Her blonde hair was a wet mop on top of her head, while her blue eyes matched the paint in the bathroom. Her skin was a lot darker from all the time she had been spending out in the sun, actually it was more on the red side but it would turn into a tan.

When she was done she wrapped a pink towel around herself and tiptoed back to her room, the body on the bed was still lying exactly where she left him.

Mason Avery; bad boy, biker, hot body and all around sex appeal was lying with his face smothered into the pile of pillows on the bed with one arm underneath him the other stretched out on Lilly's side. He was in his boxers atop the sheets, breathing lightly as he slept.

His brown hair was sweaty and sticking to the back of his neck. Lilly pulled on the t-shirt he was wearing the day before and as quietly as she could slid back into the bed beside him. As she lay down his eyes popped open, revealing the intense blue.