Chapter 11

With an ear piercing shriek Lilly whipped around to try and run out of the door but her wet feet slipped on a tiles, and she felt herself falling. As she fell she reached out and grabbed the closest thing which happened to be the shower curtain. For a moment it held her in place but soon the bar broke from the wall and she fell flat and naked on the floor.

She opened her eyes and the hooded man was on top of her pinning her down to the ground. She kept screaming and screaming but felt as though it was not loud enough. No one could hear her, she was going to die.

Thrashing as she could she tried to punch the hooded man, she never hit him. He was just there staring at her, but only her face which gave Lilly a clear look at his. His skin looked as though it was melting, or perhaps a corpse. There were no eyes in his head only black circles. His rob was a scratchy cloth, and the talons for hands scratched her shoulders and thighs as she struggled for freedom.

There was heavy knocking on the door, someone had come! Not being able to form words Lilly screamed as loud as she could though he throat was dry. She heard raised voices but with all the fear inside of her she could not place them.

With a loud crash the door flew open, Sean came running in but stopped when he saw Lilly. The figure behind him pushed him out of the way. “Lilly! Calm down!” Another figure appeared and the hooded man jumped off her, running out of the bathroom.

“She’s scratched!”

“For Christ’s sake Sean she’s thrashing like psychopath help me!” So Sean was in the bathroom, but who else was with him? Lilly could only see a halo of sunshine above their head. Was she dead? What this an angel?

“She’s naked!”

“THEN GET A TOWEL!” Hailey? Was it Hailey in the bathroom with her and Sean? Why would she be there? Soon she felt something cover her, “Lilly? Can you hear me?”

She tried to lift her arm to point but Hailey held it down gently, “He left! He left! Get him he’s going to kill me!” Lilly felt herself thrashing again, this time Hailey was on top of her yelling at Sean to call someone for help.

“No!” Lilly screamed and knocked Hailey off of her to the floor. She sat up though he legs would not hold her weight. As though some sort of magical light turned on her vision cleared and she looked around the bathroom.

First she was lying on the floor and the shower curtain and bar were lying beside her. Second Hailey was sitting in front of her looking terrified and confused, her yellow shirt wet from where she touched Lilly, her hair messy and hanging in her face. Third Sean was standing in the doorway white faced and looking mortified. Lilly looked down at herself, other than the towel she was naked and Sean was the first one in the bathroom. Fantastic, her cousin how now seen her naked.

The final thing she noticed was the small amount of blood on the tiles, smeared. Lilly touched her shoulders and thighs where the hooded man had touched her, there was nothing there. No scratches, no blood. “Whose bleeding?” She asked looking up at the other two.

Hailey and Sean exchanged a look before Hailey put a gentle hand on her shoulder, “Lilly you’re bleeding, you hit your head.”

Confused Lilly put her fingers to her forehead. She was bleeding, there was a gash above her eyes. When she pulled her fingers back she saw her blood, and there was a lot of it. Before she could ask for a towel Hailey was holding on to the wound.

“She’s going to need stitches.” Sean muttered from the doorway, Lilly glanced as best as she could see past the towel in her face she could see that Sean was pacing, no longer in the bathroom but in the hallway and making a point not to look inside.