Equinox: Chapter 9

The rest of the week went on without another incident of finding a hex bag, though every day Sage demanded that everyone go through their things to make sure there was nothing else that needed to be found.

Lilly had spent that time studying not only her families spell book, which also happened to be the Book of Souls, but Jake and Hailey's as well. Jake thought it would be beneficial to her seeing as they had all been raised in powers while she was still very new.

In the summer she had spent time with them working on hexes, spells and affinities but nothing really stuck. When she went home to Boston she didn't continue practicing and tried to forget everything she had been taught. Though not starting from scratch it was still difficult to pick back up.

"No, no, no, no!" Hailey grabbed the ingredients from her hand for the protection hex bag and dumped them all out. "This much cinnamon with this few amount of dandelion leafs turns this into an healing bag." She dropped those and picked up the vial of water, "This shouldn't even be in this and even if it was you need more."

Lilly slumped back against the wall she was leaning on and huffed, "How about this, if I ever need a hex bag I will find you or Jake?"

"Yeah and if you're alone and need to protect yourself?"

Lilly shrugged, "I assume I will have a protect hex on me and if someone tries anything it won't work." She gave Hailey a smug smile who just seemed to be getting angrier and angrier as their session went on.

Before the other girl could explode, Jake who was lounging on a bed interjected, "It's not as simple as the hex will protect against anything. If they are using a powerful spell or their hex bag is stronger than yours anything you have for protection won't hold up."

Lilly sighed, "Are you kidding me? Being a witch is so complicated."

"Harry Potter made it look easy."

Hailey shot Jake a dirty look, "No it didn't he was continuously facing challenges if not from Voldemort but from school work kicking his ass. Jesus Thompson, pick up a book once in a while."

"I don't do reading, Covers. If there's a movie I'll go watch it."

"Which makes you a dumbass."

"Ok married couple, stop fighting and start helping me please." Lilly interrupted before the other two went into a full on rage with each other. For best friends Jake and Hailey fought all the time, and like a married couple. It was part of their charm but if stuck in a room with them for a long time one could consider jumping out of the window.

Having to deal with Hailey and Jake along with hex bags was nothing compared to what she had to do to train for her affinities. Work with Mason one on one. Maybe she could bring someone else along to help or just watch because the idea of being alone with him in a secluded area made her cringe.

They would end up in a screaming match, trapped together for who knows how long. Would Mason even help her? Hell would he even show up? After the meeting the other night Sage had sent her a text informing her that she and Mason would have their first session together Saturday morning outside of the town, to avoid the eyes of other Coven members.

That was Tuesday meaning she had the entire week to prepare herself mentally. But the week flew by in record time. It was Friday night and she was dreading the next day.

Hailey and Jake kept bickering until Jake's phone started buzzing. He read the message and a smile came across his face, "Parker Pace is hosting a rave in the warehouse tonight."

Hailey grabbed the phone and read the message quickly, "And we're invited?" She sounded surprised, though Lilly assumed she and Jake were not the most popular people at the school for America's elite.