Equinox: Chapter 10

Lilly's heart was frozen in her chest, or had it fallen into her stomach? She was leaning against the bathroom door taking deep breaths trying to keep from heaving up everything she put in her stomach the night before.

Vince was dead. Murdered. She had woken up from a drunken slumber covered in blood. Probably his blood. But how was that possible? She saw Vince leave with Emily...was she dead too? Lilly ran her hand through her hair, more blood coming off. She must have been covered.

Which meant her clothes were covered, which meant her sheets were also covered in blood. Had Hailey noticed? She swore under her breath and wrapped a towel around her body, wrapping another around her hair. Throwing open the door Hailey was standing there looking as shocked as she felt.

"Vince is dead. Do you believe it?" Her roommate asked. Lilly shook her head and tried to look over Hailey's shoulder at her bed. Unfortunately she and Hailey were the same size, which was unfairly short, and she couldn't see around the girl. Somehow she needed to get Hailey out of the room so she could clean up.

There was obviously commotion outside, Lilly thought she heard Sage. Finally, their Coven leader was good for something. "I bet Sage knows everything!" She exclaimed grabbing Hailey by the arm and throwing open the room door. She didn't care that everyone in the hall could see her in a towel. She pushed Hailey into the hall, almost into Sage. "I am going to finish my shower and come out later. Cool beans?" Before Hailey could reply she slammed the door and locked it.

From across the room she could seem blood smeared over her white sheets. It was a miracle that Hailey had not seen the mess. Grabbing the sheets in one go she tore them off the bed, as well as the mattress protectors and to the floor.

Once the bed was stripped she quickly dumped out her backpack and shoved everything inside. Running back into the bathroom and finishing her shower she pulled on what were probably a pair of Hailey's pants, they were too small for her, and a white blouse that was on the bathroom floor.

Hailey was pounding on the door to be let back in, doing a final check to make sure everything was clean Lilly threw open the door to an angry Hailey. "What the hell is your problem?" The girl demanded storming into the room. "Locking me out?" Hailey stopped talking and started studying her. "Why do you look so frantic?"

"Oh I just remembered something about...work and I need to go into somewhere and buy clothes." She gave the girl what was probably a frantic smile before pushing past her and running out the door.

It was chaos in the hallways, though it was early in the morning and most people had been drunk the night before many people were outside their rooms wandering the halls talking to anyone who would listen. Some member's of Vince's Coven were out there, some talking, some crying, some like Emily and Denise were standing together in silence.

Some people called her name as she ran by them but she needed to get rid of the evidence. As she ran she thought that the blood was dripping from her backpack. It was impossible as the blood was too thin and stuck to the sheets but she was paranoid.

Someone was dead and she had evidence all over her.

When she reached the garage she fumbled with her keys, dropping them several times before she managed to open her door and throw the backpack in. She thought someone called her name again but she shot through the garage and tore down the school pathway. Once clear of the old building her breathing became more steady and her thoughts back online.

Was it really Vince's blood on her? How did she even know that his death was bloody? All Hailey had said was he was in fact murdered. Maybe someone threw cow blood on her last night, maybe it was paint?