"It isn't," He assured. "I don't need you to answer that question anymore. I have a different one."

I was suspicious and curious. "Okay... What is it?"

"You're still here," He said. "I've insulted you, angered you, and frustrated you until the point of insanity. I even kept your weapons from you... Yet you're still here. Why? Why, even after all that I've done to you, do you still stay?"

I considered my answer for a few moments. "I... I don't know," I said truthfully. "Every day... I woke up thinking to myself 'this is it. I'm going to leave today.' But whenever it came down to leaving... I couldn't do it. I kept on telling myself 'just tonight. just one more night...' And then one night turned into two nights, then three, then four... And now... Now, I... I just don't know what to feel anymore."

"We're unhealthy for each other," He decided.

I nodded, smiling dryly. "Terribly unhealthy. Yet... I just can't stay away."

"So you've stopped hating me?"

"I... I'm not sure that I ever really started."

He stared at me for a long while. I hadn't noticed it, but this entire time, we'd been moving closer to each other.

"Minxie..." He began darkly, but he never got to finish.

"Sasuke!" A voice shouted, and we both turned around to see Karin. Her eyes narrowed at the fact that we were so close to one another, but apparently, whatever she had sensed was much more important. "We've got a huge problem!"

Sasuke's eyes never left mine. "What is it, Karin?"

"We've been followed! I sense people, and their chakras aren't only dark, but huge! They'll be here any minute now, and chances are... They're after us!"

:A Few Moments Earlier:

Ryuu's POV

"... There," Scarlett said, pointing downward from atop the cliff we stood on. "They're down there. There's five of them, Minxie included. There're only three at the campsite... The other two are out in the woods."

"So this is it, then?" I inquired, my eyes spotting the camp fire that had been put out. "My sister's right there?"

"Mmhm," She answered. "It's time for heads to roll."

I smirked, looking down. I looked back up at her. "Thank you," I said sincerely. "For helping me find my sister."

"Don't mention it," She said. "I had a lot of fun. It wasn't your average date, but... It was close enough."

I rolled my eyes. "Just one last question."

"Shoot," She said, putting a hand on her hip.