Part 46

‘I don’t think I understand,’ I said.

‘I haven’t always been called Wolfram, I took that name when I got to Charley. Before I was called David, but I renounced that name. I didn’t like it, mostly because my father had given it to me and he wasn’t a kind man either.’

During his words, he took off his shirt and his jeans. I didn’t look at him, but I heard the last bits of clothing rip apart as he changed his appearance. I looked up and saw a large black wolf stand before me, his back reached up to my chest, so he was very big. His fur was almost all black, his feet were white, as was the tip of his tail.

‘I wish I could do that too,’ I muttered.

A little absentminded I petted him, he looked beautiful but I wasn’t feeling to good.

‘Could we step outside?’ I asked.

He nodded and after I unlocked the ballroom door, he led the way not changing back. We stepped outside and I breathed in the fresh air. Wolf sat down on the steps, tilting his head to one side. I knew it was his way of asking if I was okay.

‘I’m not feeling so well,’ I said and my knees buckled.

Wolf looked toward the door and howled once. Charley was standing in front of us in a heartbeat.

‘What’s wrong?’ he asked me, trying to help me up.

‘Charley, I don’t feel good. I.. Everything hurts,’ I started to see blurry and put my hands on the floor.

I didn’t know what was happening, everything hurt, like.. it was like.. I was changing. My body was changing. I was changing into a wolf! I looked into the reflection of Charley’s car and sure enough my face was changing and my clothes were ripping apart. Scared to death I looked at Charley, he seemed pleased. He shouldn’t be pleased, he should be worried. What the hell was happening to me? I looked at wolf, he had come closer and his beautiful eyes calmed me down a bit. Suddenly I felt perfectly normal, but I wasn’t. I looked into the reflection, there, laying on the floor was a big wolf, I was huge. I got to my feet, I was getting frantic again. Wolf came closer, but I backed away. I was so scared, not of him, but myself. It felt strange walking on four legs. I took a few steps and looked at Wolf again. I tried to talk, but I only made little growling and huffing sounds. Wolf had a calming look on his face and came closer again. This time I let him, he brushed his head against mine, I knew he was hugging me.

‘If you just calm down and think of being yourself, you will change back. Don’t worry. According to this big guy it’ll hurt less and less every time you change,’ Charley explained.

I did exactly as he said and again I felt woozy. I felt the change go by faster this time and suddenly Wolf came to me and laid down on top of me. He snuggled his nose in my neck and growled at Charley.

‘Oh, clothes, of course!’

He disappeared into thin air and appeared only two seconds later with my summer dress.

‘Go on, put it on,’ he said.

He turned around and Wolf stepped off me, also averting his head. I pulled the dress over my naked body. I wasn’t sure what to think, I didn’t realise what it meant.

‘Dyani, this means you’ve found your second ability,’ Charley said, offering me another smile.

‘So.. I’m a shapeshifter?’ I asked.

Wolf ran inside.

‘Yes, but don’t worry, Wolf can teach you. You are lucky, it’s a rare ability,’ Charley said.

DyaniOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara