Part 45

I woke up way before I had planned too. It was a little past five in the morning, on a sunday! That only happened sometimes the past few weeks. I got out of bed and took a quick shower. When I arrived downstairs, I wasn’t alone. Wolf was seated in the living room, watching some television.

‘Goodmorning,’ I whispered.

He looked up immediately and smiled at me. The past month we had become such great friends, but still we were shy around each other. I sat down next to him on the couch and he looked at me. We watched some television and after some time I became drowsy again.

‘You okay?’ Wolf asked.

It woke me up immediately, I sat up straight and concentrated on the television again.

‘Fine, just a bit drowsy. Maybe I should have stayed in bed,’ I said, but I didn’t move.

We stayed silent for a few minutes and I started to doze off again.

‘Dyani,’ Wolf whispered.

‘Yeah, what is it?’ I asked.

He turned off the television and sat a little closer

‘Could you look at me for a moment?’ he asked.

I became a little more alert. I turned my body towards him and looked him in the eye.

‘We’ve become good friends right?’ He asked.

I nodded.

‘I really like your company, Dyani,’ he said, averting his eyes, to look at his hands.

‘I like your company too. Is something the matter?’ I asked, I was getting a little worried about where this would lead.

‘Do you remember our first conversation?’ he asked.

‘Yes, the first time you spoke to me was after our first dance.’

‘Yes.. I ehm.. Would you dance with me again?’

I didn’t really see this coming, I bit on my lip and I was sure he looked at it for a moment. I nodded and got up from the couch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the empty ballroom. The morning light looked pretty inside the room.

‘What kind of dance would you like? Shall I look for a waltz?’ I asked.

‘Good idea, please do,’ he said.

I got my phone from my pocket, put on a gentle waltz and put the phone back in my pocket so the music would stay with us. Wolf gently grabbed my waist and pulled me close, again he captivated my eyes with his. We locked our hands and he started to swirl over the dancefloor, leading me. He kept looking at me with his pretty green eyes, I didn’t want to look away. While whirling around the room, he pushed me off, made me twirl and pulled me very close. Everytime we came closer I bit my lip, I felt uneasy, but in a good way.

He pulled me against him again and suddenly his lips were on mine. They felt so soft and gentle, I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Suddenly I realised what was happening, I got scared and pushed him away. He had just stolen my first kiss. My head filled with so much thoughts at the same time that I panicked. He came closer and I wanted to come closer, but instead I took a step back.

‘Sorry,’ he whispered and he wanted to walk away.

‘No.. Don’t go please?’ I asked.

‘You didn’t.. I didn’t,’ he muttered.

I took the three steps towards him and put my hand on his wrist.

‘Wolf. I.. I.. This was my first,’ I whispered. ‘I’m glad it was you who stole it. I just pictured it differently.’