Thirty-Five: The Gown

With only two weeks before the wedding. There wasn't much time to get a wedding dress. I searched frustratedly. Checking every mall and plaza I knew.

However, I just couldn't find a beautiful dress to suit my taste, and fit over this pumpkin belly of mines.

Frustrated and discouraged from all my fruitless searches. I resented to my last option. Picking up the brand new iPhone given to me by Michal as a present, I punched in Sandra's cell number and waited for the answer.

"Hello."

"Sandra I'm getting married in another two weeks, and I can't find a dress. I need your help, please..." I blurted all at once as I heard her voice.

"Calm down, please. I'll help. I have a personal dressmaker in Luanda's plaza, second floor. She's real good. I'll accompany you to her tomorrow. If that's fine."

"Yah. That's fine. I'll See you tomorrow."

"Okay" Replied Sandra ending the call. The following day, Sandra and I met up and made our way to Luanda's plaza. There I was introduced to Marisa, Sandra's dressmaker.

"Marisa. I need a wedding dress like now, the wedding's in another two weeks. Can you make a dress in that time?" Asked Sandra, on my behalf.

"Sure. Anything for you." Replied the Philippine lady, her lips spreading into a small cute smile.

"Can I have some measurements please" Added the Philippine lady moving towards Sandra with the tape measure.

"No. No. I'm not getting Married. It's my friend here that getting married." Laughed Sandra, motioning for me to step forward.

"My bad" Replied the Philippine lady. Wrapping the tape measure around my belly, as I stepped forward.

"Sandra, you spoke to me so personal. You spoke as if you were the one getting married. You planning on getting married soon." Asked the Philippine lady.

"I guess? Sasha's the bad one here, and she's getting married. I'm bound to get married soon. I Just haven't found the right guy."

"Mmm there no need to rush, I'm 37 and I'm still searching." Replied the Philippine lady, as Sandra and I exploded into thunderous laughter.

"That's real bad" I commented, comforting her with a small hug.

"Thanks for the concern. I'll go get two chairs" She replied, a few specks of tears evident in her brown eyes as she hurried off.

When she returned with the chairs. She finalized the measurements, then called and ordered the silky velvet material I had chosen for my dress.

While we waited for the material to arrive, she presented to us a book with various wedding dress designs. Together we sat and decided on the best design.

I like this one. Nah. That a bit too... I don't know. What about this one. Okay... Wait a minute. That's kinda too plain. I like it. Well... I don't. Remember. You are not the one getting married. Oh my, look at that one, it's adorable.

The deciding process sounded somewhat like that, but we finally managed to agree upon a particular design.

Shortly after the selection, the materials arrived and Marisa started working on the dress.

"Marisa thanks a lot. We're gonna leave now, but I'll be back tomorrow. I wanna watch as my dress evolve." I stated.

"Sure. That's a good idea." Answered Marcia, that small cute smile spreading across her face once more.

And there I was, every day onwards, supervising a task, a task which I knew very little. I was being rather very Annoying, but not intentionally. I just wanted the most beautiful dress. Ever.

And I did. Marisa, she managed to endure my constant unprofessional supervision and made me the most adorable wedding dress. But I'm sure. I'm sure she wished I wasn't there while she worked, because I can tell I was rather very annoying.

The finish dress was amazing. I gripped the delicate fabric between my fingers and squeezed it. As the smooth delicate silky fabric passed through my fingers. I felt love.

Only out of love had this phillipene lady made this dress. I'm sure. I must have gotten on her nerves, with all my constant speculation and irrelevant complaints. But never once did she get angry, she just explained and we both laughed at my silliness.

The completed dress was lovely and I couldn't wait to try it on. Hurriedly I begged excuse and move to the changing room. Where I wiggled my way into the dress. Man, was it gorgeous? It fitted great. It made me feel and look like a princess. Sweet, sexy, and charming.

As I stare at my reflection in the mirror I taught of Michal, our child, and our marriage. And the wonderful life that lay ahead.

What could possibly go wrong?

Just then an image flashed before my eyes which swung my entire mood. The face of Ted flashed before my eyes. Ted. He's the guy that was fucking me like a doggy somewhere at the beginning of this story.

But Ted. Why was Ted on my mind? What now? Is Ted gonna come ruin my wedding!?

No, he's not. Why would he? Wasn't that just a one-time thing? And anyway, how's he even gonna find me. I asked myself in an attempt to shadow my fear.

The taught of Ted showing up at the wedding scared me to the core. Immediately I took off the dress and hurried out of the changing room.

Once outside the changing room, I hurried back to the work area where I paid and thanked Marcia.

"Marisa. Is fantastic. I love it" I said. Clearing my mind for a second, just so I could let her know I really appreciated her work.

After this, I hurried out the front door and drove home. I was still very much worried, what if Ted is to shows up at my wedding?

The look on his face that day when I'd rushed out after the sex, told me he wanted more. He wanted a relationship. So... what if he actually shows up? What if all this time? Has he been looking for me?
.........

Keep reading guys.

Vote*Comment*Share
Much love.

What do you think? Ted's coming back in the next chapter. Let's see how this will turn out. ( comment) - what do u think?