Twenty- Two: Dead or Alive

"No! Not because I've cheated, not because I've made a mistake. This doesn't mean I deserve to die!" I screamed, loosening my grip on the knife and allowing it to fall to the ground.

A week later, and the incidents which transpired between Michal and I? Which threatened my very existence was still very fresh in my mind. I was dying of stress and guilt. From that day Michal cough me cheating? He has never visited my house. Neither has he called or texted my cell phone.

Michal isn't by any means trying to rekindle our flames, our love. And I myself, who is totally at fault, am too embarrassed to call him and apologize.

Who knows, Maybe Michal wouldn't answer my call and even if he did. Do you think he'd accept my apology?

"I'll call Michal and apologize," I said to myself picking up the phone and dialing his cell number.

"I'm sorry, I just can't call him. I haven't that much guts" I cried, dropping the phone onto the bed and walking out of the room.

The memories of the incident between Michal and I plagued my every day, It kept flashing through my mind. The more I tried vanquishing them, the more they stubbornly reappeared.

To complicate matters even more, mother kept asking about Michal, and I had to be composing these awful lies each time. I couldn't tell her the truth, it was just too awful.

I was madly in love with Michal. That was for sure, and the more time I spent apart from him. The more I felt myself being drawn closer to death.

My pressure was on the rise and so were my stress levels. With each and every passing day, it was becoming more and more unbearable.

Inside of me, it felt like a volcano of burning molten rocks. Additionally, there were the constant pains which I felt daily, due to all the changes taking place inside my body to accommodate the new life that was developing inside of me.

"I must share my grief with someone" I murmured, walking around in circles and brushing my hair behind my ears with both hands.

"I'm going to call Sandra, then I'll go over to her apartment and explain everything." I sniffed, locking my face between both hands and pulling back the tears.

Picking up my bruised battered iPhone. I dialed Sandra's cell number. My iPhone was damaged after Michal smashed it into the wall out of anger. I was still angry at him for what he did to my iPhone, but that was the least of my concerns.

My greatest concern was deciding whether or not life was worth living without Michal?

"Sandra?"

"Sasha. Is that you? You sound so different."

"Yea...I know. That's because I'm having bits of problems and I could do well with some advice."

"Can I come over to your apartment and explain it to you now."

"Sure Sasha, you know you're always welcome at my place."

"You know that."

"Okay, thanks, Sandra. I'll be there in the next half an hour"

"Remember to take good care of yourself. And don't you ever forget, we're Best Friend Forever no matter what."

"Goodbye. I love you."

Shortly after ending the phone call. I opened my closet and ran my fingers through my clothes while scanning them with my eyes. At last, I selected a dress from the closet and changed. For the first time, I was dressed and looking sexy in less than fifteen minutes.

I' was feeling very excited. Finally, I was gonna share my problems with someone. Someone I can really trust.

Having someone. Someone with whom you can to share your problems makes a whole lot of difference. You don't have to just sit around and wait for your problems drive you crazy. You can pour it all out.

Do you have a best friend? If you do, then you must have already known what it's like to have someone with whom you can share your darkest and dearest secrets.

True friends with whom you can share secrets are hard to find. So I encourage, think twice before sharing your secrets. As for me, my best friend Sandra would never expose my secret. She would guard it with her life.

Closing the door to my room. I rushed to the garage and jumped into my convertible. Stepping on the gas pedal I sped off to Sandra's apartment.

At the speed I was driving. I was bound to end up dead, instead of reaching my destination.

*************

Dear Readers: This book is to be published Soon, however, I'm leaving the first draft online for all to read for free. If you're enjoying it, please help spread the word by VOTING, COMMENTING, ADDING to your public reading lists, and SHARING with your friends.

Thank you! <3

Please share your views. (What would you advise Sasha to do, if you were her best friend Sandra? /Do you trust anyone with your secrets?