Twenty-Eight: Michal Wants To Talk

"Where are we going? Is that what you really wanted to ask?" Asked Michal, sounding real annoyed.

"Yeah..., that's what I asked" I Replied defensively.

"Hey, don't get all heated and take stress, it's not good for our baby. Take your time and get ready."

"The sooner we get over with this, the better our chances of a life together forever." Replied Michal, helping me to a sitting position.

Surely I wanna to get over this, but the past is not events we can erase and rewrite. The past has to be accepted. They are foundations that may need amendments.

It is said that our past determines our future, and that our altitude is determined by our height above sea levels, but these are all myths. Our future is what we make it, and our altitude is determined by persistence, it's that inner force that challenges us to reach for greater heights and ambitions.

The past is however sometimes hard to accept. But it is extremely important that we come to terms with it. Accept it and amend it, if we're to move forward. Don't allow your past to dictate your future.

If you're faced with a situation similar to mines, the best solution is to face your past, and to put a close to whatever sad chapter that may have entered your story.

I was facing my past. Maybe not happily, but I was surely standing up

"Honey? You fine. You're looking a bit tired. Want me to bathe you?" Asked Michal playfully.

"No! No way?"I replied quickly, getting up from the bed and walking to the bathroom.

There's nothing wrong if your spouse bathes you. In fact it shows love. I know Michal loves me, if I really wanted help bathing? He'd have bathed me, after all. Everything I have is his, and the other way around is rightfully mines.

I've always taken hours to get ready, but today I took forever. I wanted Michal to get tired waiting and cancel. That didn't happen however, Instead he was seated comfortably in the living room couch looking over some old family photos with my mom.

"Great photos" I heard him comment, as I walked down the stairs in a beautiful blue dress.

"Honey, you're looking lovely." Commented my mom, getting up from the couch and hugging me.

"Thanks mom," I replied.

"What do you think?" I asked, turning to Michal and making a small pose.

"You look fantastic babe." Replied Michal standing up and kissing me on the lips.

"Mom. We're gonna go now. We'll be back in a jit, don't worry, I'll take good care of Sash."

"I know you will my boy. Have fun you two." Replied mom, as Michal hugged her.

Taking my hand into his, Michal gently leads me to the Benz parked on the front lawn.

Getting into the Benz Michal and I drove to a smooth relaxing venue where he had a table prepared for us. There we sat tensly for some time, just starting at each other, neither of us saying a word.

Michal was the first to finally brake the silence.

"This might sounds a bit weird? But I felt real guilty, and... I've got you a little surprise. Close your eyes. Just a few second. It won't take long."

I obeyed and close my eyes, not taking even a small peek. As much as I felt compelled.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked, shaking excitedly.