Twenty-Seven: Michal Tell His Dad - Sasha Is Pregnant

The long boring weekend, with absolutely no sex, ended at last. It was Monday morning, the plows came and cleared the street and some sidewalks. The snow drifts however were huge. They were the height of mountains. Well ... dwarf mountains to be exact.

Michal was up early, getting attired for work. I however, wasn't. I've been given maternity leave ever since I started showing signs of pregnancy.

Laying on the bed I watched as Michal fixed his tie in the mirror. He was looking very handsome and ambitious in his office attire. Black pants, white shirt, and a lovely matching tie.

"Bye darling. I'm off to work. And don't think too much. Take a lot of rest, that'd be good for our little angel." Advised Michal, stroking his hand through my hair, then planting a kiss on my forehead.

Picking up his phone and wallet he blew me a kiss from the doorway then disappeared out of sight behind the door.

........

Opening the front door Michal was dumb stricken. He could hardly believe his eyes, walking up the front porch was his father, Mr. Clark.

"Dad...? What? What're you doing here?" Asked Michal staring at his father who to some extent seemed to have just appeared from out of nowhere.

"I tried calling, but your phone was switched off."

"I'm sorry about that dad." Apologised Michal.

"That's fine son. I just wanted to tell you, take a few days off from work and straighten things out with Sasha."

"I've noticed that you and Sasha have been spending a lot of time apart. You need to work on that. I know you really love her."

"You're right dad, I'll take her out today. There's somethings we need to discuss." Replied Michal hugging his father.

"That's the spirit son. Just don't be to hard. Give it a chance." Added his father. Handing to him a few hundred bucks, then turning to leaving.

"What's this dad?" Asked Michal raising his voice and attracting his father's attention.

"Spend it between Sasha and yourself." Replied his father. Tell Sasha's mom we'll visit soon."

"I'll."

"Dad? There's something - something I haven't told you. And mom also."

"What's that now son?"

"Well... Sasha. She's. She's pregnant"

"What?!"

"Yes dad, Sasha's pregnant"

"Ha...ha...ha. That's why you asked me for a job. I knew something must have happened. I just never wanted to seem nosey"

"So you're saying you knew all along" Asked Michal his brows narrowing in confusion.

"Yeah. I guess my instincts were a bit on point"

"Son. - What's done is done, its just now up to you to do what's right and be a good father like I've been to you. Be there for your child, through whatever the universe may throw at you as a family. Take care now" Advised his father before turning to leave.

"Dad, can you do me one small favor?"

"Anything for you son?"

"Can you tell mom what I just told you."

"Me? No son, I can't. You know your mom. My wife, she has a tendency of hearing what she wants"

"She may well hear something like. 'I've got a girl pregnant!"

"I can't take anything like that. I'm much old for the drama. You're gonna have to tell your mom on your own son. Sorry I can't be of any help."

"You've helped enough dad, thanks."

"Okay son, bye."

"Bye dad" Replied Michal, closing the door and retracing his steps to back to Sasha's room. Upon entering my room Michal kissed me on the forehead and my eyes fluttered open.

Man was I excited! At seeing Michal's face so soon!

"Darling. I've got great news. My dad, he was at the door. He offered me a few days off from work. Now we'll finally get a chance to go out and discuss our future moving ahead"

"I really don't want happen happened before to happen again and I think if we discuss and know what each other thinks, then we'll get along better."

Like a good game of chess, it is important to plan your moves in order to achieve the best results and so are relationships. The only problem was I didn't want to believe this. -

"That's absolutely right" I replied calmly on the outside. While on the inside I screamed 'oh my God, I just wish Michal would do away with this stupid date!' Discussions lead to arguments and arguments lead to broken hearts which in turn results in separations.

Closing my eyes once more I sent out a soft prayer. Asking the lord to help Michal and I so that we may have constructive discussions, and not destructive ones that end in ruin.

I was interrupted about halfway through my prayer when I was gently shaken by Michal. Opening my eyes I was met with surprise. Michal? He was no longer in his work attire. He was now neatly dressed as if going out for a date.

"Get up darling. Go get a shower and let's go." Ushered Michal.

"let's go? Where're we going? So early?" I asked, hoping his answer wouldn't be the stupid date!

***************************
Fact or fiction females have a tendency of hearing what they want? ( vote* COMMENT!)

Dear Readers: This book is to be published soon, however, I'm leaving the first draft online for all to read for free. If you're enjoying it, please help spread the word by VOTING, COMMENTING, ADDING to your public reading lists, and SHARING with your friends.