Chapter 26: Art Project

IMPORTANT A/N:
LAST CHAPTER HAPPENED A YEAR AGO AND THROUGHOUT THAT YEAR MAYA TURNED TO RILEY, FELL FOR LUCAS, BUT HAD THAT MOMENT WITH JOSH SO NOW THEY ARE BOTH IN IT FOR THE LONG GAME.

MAYA'S POV:

A lot has happened in the past year, and it all happened to me. I have no idea where i am going in life. Everyone else seems happy. Lucas and Riley are finally together and happy, Farkle and Smackle have been together since the beginning of the school year, and Zay well he is still Zay keeping everyone in check, and then there's me in it for the long game with a guy that nearly gave me death.

Yes I like him but he was serious when he said to date other people if we could find them. He is currently dating a girl named Julia, they have been dating for 6 months they even moved in together they are happy, so happy that they could get married. So my happy ending will probably never come, the long game is dead, that's what I get for hoping. Like usual Hope is for suckers.

I couldn't help but to think if I will ever be happy. I'm just a girl who has no one that is there to love them. That's why I love the Matthews so much because they are the perfect family and my family is torn.

It is currently 3 am and I can't go to sleep. Partly why I am thinking about all of this. i just don't know what to do anymore. I thought that when josh told me about his feelings that we would finally be together, but I guess was wrong.

I need to clear my head. Maybe if I paint my feelings away. I do have an art project due tomorrow that I haven't even started. Ok that's what I'll do.

I got out of my bed and went to my canvas on my easel and grabbed the paper that had our assignment on it. It read:

"For your assignment you will turn in a painting that is deep and meaningful . You have two weeks to get this done. Do your best it is a test grade."

Now is a great time since I am heartbroken over my best friends uncle.

Well enough of this Maya, you have a project that's due in a couple of hours.

************

Several hours later

I had finally finished my painting. I took a picture of it as a memory on my phone.

You may be asking 'Maya why do you want it as a memory if it shows you your broken heart over josh'

Simple I still love him whether or not he has a girlfriend.

I looked at the clock

6:30

I normally wake up at 6:00 so now I only have 30 minutes till I go over to Riley's house. AMAZING.

I quickly get dressed, make a cup of coffee, grab my stuff and walk out the door as I tried to get to Riley's house on time.

I opened the door like I usually do and Topanga says the same thing everyday

"Come eat Maya"

"Great I'm starving" I say

"Ok what's wrong with you I always have to force you to eat"

"It just so happens that I had a project due today and I did it all last night"

"Let me see this project" she said

"It's on the sofa"I say as she walks to the sofa and looks at my project.

"After everything that's happened you are still heartbroken over him" she says.

"Is it that obvious that I'm heartbroken over him" I asked her.

"Yes honey I'm afraid it is but don't worry everything will go good eventually"