chapter 17: a good laugh

PREVIOUSLY:

MAYA'S POV:

"Maya i... i" he stutters but i cut him off.

"don't even cover it up josh. Riley told me the whole damn story. Dylan really. lying to me i get it, but you're own family. what the hell is wrong with you. this is the best family i could ever hang out with. and that's coming from a girl who's dad ran away because he wasn't ready and mom getting shot in the head right in front of my face. " i say. everybody's faces were shocked at what i just said. i turn around to walk out but someone grabs my arm. it was josh. i quickly turn around and slap him across the face.

"i'm never trusting you again. and you just unlocked the beast" i say ripping my arm out of his grasp and walking out of there slamming the door shut.

i didn't care where i was going i just needed to get away. i walked to the park and i saw zay walking around.

" hey zay" i say as he turns around.

"hey Maya how you feeling"he says

"honestly i am feeling like i am in hell" i say.

" how come" 

"Seth and josh had this entire thing planned out. i just can't believe josh would do something like this. and the worst thing is he lied. not only to me but to Riley. who would do that. yeah he's a teenager but i would't lie about the person that shot 3 people, and one died" i say

"i am so sorry you have gone though this. does Lucas know this because i am sure he would love to beat the shit out of Seth and josh for shooting you and killing your mom"he said.

"no but Seth is in jail and josh i really don't care what happens to him anymore i tried to help him but its no use the old josh is dead" i say. i started to cry a little.

"enough with those tears" he says wiping the tears off my check." lets go get some ice cream" he pauses a second. " that what girl like with heartbreak right?" he asks.

"yes" i say laughing. "thank you zay. i need some happiness right now" i say and hug him.

" no problem Maya i'll do anything for a friend" he says.

a few hours later

zay and i were still at the ice cream parlor. we were laughing.

"oh my god yes. and do you remember that time when Riley got mad at Lucas for not telling her he got expelled in Texas and sprayed him with the hose" i say.

"that was a good day, other than me feeling left out that Lucas had best friends other then me" he says.

"well now you have three more best friends so don't feel like that. i use to be like that before i met Riley and now i have the best friends in the world" i say.

"yes i am the best-est friend in the world" he says. i start laughing.

"watch your ego man, its not just you. but thank you for this time i really needed it " i say and give him a hug.

" your welcome Maya" zay says and we walk out.

**********

hey guys i love this chapter. i decided to put zay as the one she talks to because she is already close to Lucas and farkle. 

what will happen next? where will Maya live? what will she do?

i don't know vote and comment to find out 

peace

601 words