Chapter 17

When I eventually walk upstairs I start to clean my room. If Harry is going to be over I want my room to be at least a little clean. He slept over last night probably seeing the mess but it doesn't hurt to tidy up.

I hear a beeping noise come from my desk. I walk to the desk and pick up my phone reading the text.

From: Amy

Hey Jules do you mind if I stop by? Xx

I reply back after a few seconds of thinking. Harry's gone home and I don't know how long he'll be. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have company in the meantime.

To: Amy

Ya of course!

I get another text a few seconds later.

From: Amy

Ill be there in a few xx

I shut my phone and finish cleaning up. By the time I walk downstairs, Amy has already arrived. I open the door and let her in. She takes off her coat and shoes and then walks in my house. She hugs me tightly and smiles.

"So I saw you going home with Harry last night... And during the party he wouldn't let you go!" She says her smile getting bigger.

"Ya... ya he did." I smile at her.

"And where is he?" She asks looking around.

"He went to get some clothes. We're going to the fair together tomorrow." I reply.

She smiles back at me but this time it's a little forced.

"Listen Jules that's what I want to talk to you about."

"Oh?" I say a little confused.

"Look, I'm not here to stop you from anything. I'm just here to warn you or inform you in a way." She says. I nod slowly while listening to her talk. She takes a deep breath before continuing.

"Well Harry's a player you know that right?" When I nod she continues.

"Well he's slept with more girls than someone can possibly count. They throw themselves at him and he doesn't deny them. He uses them for his pleasure. Sometimes he continues seeing one girl because he likes them a little more. Now hear me out. I'm not saying you shouldn't see him. For all I know he could be a good friend. But from what I hear Jules he's really not. I want you to do what you think is best but don't ever get forced into doing something you don't want to do." I understand what she's referring to.

"I wasn't going to do that!" I say a little surprised at her suggestion.

"No no. I'm not saying you would, I'm saying just do what you think is best." She says and I nod again.

"Ok. Also, he has never had a girlfriend. People can't possibly ever get that close to him. His only friends are those four boys. He doesn't open up to anyone else." She says looking at me carefully.

"And Jules... I want to warn you about this one girl." She says. I look at her skeptically.

"Ok." I reply not sure of what to say.

"Her name is Jane. Jane Lewis." I try to think of all the girls I know named Jane as she continues talking.

"Jane has been around him longer than anyone would've thought. People expect her to just give up knowing who Harry is. But she's always around him. She leaves for a while and then comes back when she wants to. And the thing is he doesn't mind. She's just his... little fun on the side." She says talking about Jane with disgust.

"He always drops the girls he's with for her..." She finishes trailing off. I look at her without any emotions. I don't know what to think.

Harry's been really nice to me lately. It could be because I'm just another girl he wants to add to his 'have fucked' list. I start to feel a little uneasy. Maybe that's why he wants to hang out with me for so long... and why he puts up with me.

"Thanks Amy." I says lightly pulling her into a hug. She smiles at me and gets up.

"I have to go. Just be careful okay Jules?" She asks me.

"Ya of course." I say smiling.

"Oh and one more thing... Bryelle is right. He gets what he wants. So don't put yourself in a bad situation where he can easily force you to do something. Just... just don't allow him to um... to take away what's rightfully yours." She adds hesitantly.

When she leaves the house I slowly shut the door behind her.

Maybe she's right. Maybe I shouldn't be so comfortable around him. For all I know he's using me for fun.

My stomach clenches and I want to hit something. The thought of being used and not actually being cared for bothers me so much.

At the same time I don't know if he is using me...

But that's his reputation, he does that to everyone. He makes everyone feel special when he's with them until he just drops them on their ass.

Harry really gives me a headache.

How could I have possibly been so stupid to start actually trusting him. He's not the type of guy I should be around. I should probably stay away from him.

Now the idea of him coming over honestly scares me. I shouldn't yell at him to get the hell out of my house, but maybe I can act as normal as possible and not allow anything to happen until Monday.

But what I don't understand... is if he was just using me... why would he have gotten really angry in front of me at the party. Showing a different more personal side of him I'm assuming. Whatever he was angry about obviously bothered him to no end so it must be personal. But maybe he does this to everyone... maybe he's just normally an angry person.

I'm starting to get really angry at myself. I'm thinking about Harry more than I've ever thought about anyone else.

He's really confusing me and I never seem to know what to do next.

Glass WallOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara