Chapter 26

After Harry leaves I sit on my bed. I feel guilty...

I didn't give Harry a chance to explain his side. At the same time I'm honestly too scared to ask. I don't want to know what happened. I just want us to be on better terms. The whole thing between us doesn't make me feel good.

I walk in the bathroom to get ready for bed.

If I were to somehow make it up to him without directly saying it was my fault... I would probably feel a lot better. I don't want him to explain anything to me. If he did explain what happened and told me about Jane ki-

No no. I'm not going to think about that.

I walk back to my room and lie down on my bed. I shut my eyes tight as if I can force the memories out of my head.

******

I wake up shaking once again. I slept a little more than before but it's still not easy. I wish I could find a way to stop the nightmares.

When I arrive at school with Bryelle, Jasmine runs up to me with a smile.

"Did you hear about Gym today?" She asks.

"No what about it?" I ask curiously.

"We're doing these mini stations that are apparently tests." She says frowning.

"Oh." I answer.

Jasmine waits for me at my locker as I grab my stuff. We head to the Gym and change.

When we walk back into the gym, I notice tones of different stations set up. There's cones, ropes, balls and more.

"Gather up!" Yells the teacher coming out of his office.

"I need one more class to mark you guys based on individual skills and then we can go back to games." He says.

"Groups of two." He continues. Jasmine immediately nudges me and I smile.

"But you can't be with your friend." At that everyone groans.

"I know you people more than you think. I know if I let you be with your friends you are going to cheat and your marks will not be accurate. You will have to be with someone else. Someone of the opposite sex. If you're with them then I'm assuming you don't know them as well and they will at least motivate you to do better."

I immediately think of Harry. Out of the corner of my eye I feel someone staring at me. I don't look over directly but I notice that it's Jace. I avoid his gaze because I would really hate to reject him.

After the teacher explains each station, he tells us to pick our partners. I walk over to Harry.

"Do you want to be my partner?" I ask as casual as possible. Harry swivels his head to look at me. Behind him I see someone with blonde hair walking closer.

"Harry be with me!" Jane whines. He turns his head to look at her and my stomach drops.

Oh.

I turn to walk away but Harry grabs my arm.

"You didn't let me answer." He says.

"Oh I thought..." I trail off.

"Yes I want to be your partner." He answers.

"Harry did you hear me?!" Jane screeches walking up beside him.

"Yes I did Jane but sorry I already have a partner." He answers. He doesn't take his eye off of me the whole time. She stands there with her mouth open and glances at me. She grunts and flips her hair while turning around.