Chapter 48

Everyone says life is an adventure or life is worth living but no one ever told you how difficult some obstacles may be. Numerous people all over the world have to overcome these obstacles. Sometimes people will not be able to, which makes them feel upset or depressed. If ever you're having trouble with a situation... you should try to think that everyone goes through things like this. No one has a perfect life.

That being said, sometimes when you are having trouble with some events in your life and it upsets you, then it is automatically a problem. If it so happens to affect you in a way that makes you feel unhappy, your problem is no less important than anyone else's. There should always be a source of happiness in your life. Sometimes it's hard to find and I understand that.

Especially when my brother left for the last time. It felt like I was trapped in a room with walls that kept getting closer. The room was being filled with water and no matter how hard I thrashed I couldn't get ahold of my situation. Just like I couldn't get ahold of my emotions and how upset I felt.

Life causes you to be insecure about yourself even though a second before you were feeling like the most confident person on the planet. There isn't much advice for this. No one can tell you: it's going to be okay, you have to believe in yourself, etc. because none of that is going to work unless you make it work. It won't happen unless you learn from it and apply it yourself.

I just woke up from yet another terrifying dream. No one was there to comfort me. My parents were at work early and my brother is gone. I had to wake myself up screaming to end the pain in my chest. Just yesterday I was feeling amazing because of Harry. Then I get home and everything changes. My perception on life alters as I walk into my empty house. My mind goes haywire because I'm not able to control myself.

I've realized that you see people at school all the time but you never know what's really going on behind closed doors. After my brother leaving, it made me realize that nothing is ever as it seems. This thought came into mind because I'm going to be yet another person that no one knows what's happening behind those closed doors at school today.

I get out of bed and prepare myself. I wear leggings with a loose shirt and a cardigan. My hair is pulled up into a ponytail and I don't even bother putting on make up. I look at myself in the mirror a few minutes before giving up and turning away from my appearance.

Life isn't always easy. It always throws curve balls at you that are really hard to hit but all you can do is learn to hit them out of the park.

I decide to walk to school today. I put my earphones in and try to drown out my negative thoughts with the music. I pay no attention to people as they pass by. I just walk straight.

Now look at it this way: I'm not some depressed attention seeking whore. I wouldn't ever do that but sometimes it's hard to stop feeling a certain way. I am usually a happy person, or try to be at least, but this so happens to be a day where I question a lot of things.

When I arrive at school, I go straight to Bryelle's locker. She sits there reading a book. When I approach she stands up and grabs her bag.

"Hey Ju-"

I pull her into a tight hug. She doesn't protest. She stands there hugging me tightly. I breathe in deeply to get ahold of myself. I suddenly feel like I'm going to cry as my throat tightens. I don't dare do that anyways.

Bryelle is someone who I can turn to when I'm feeling down. She may not be able to fix my problems but she boosts me up to help me and I love her for that.

"I love you." She whispers into my hair. I pull her tighter for a few seconds before reluctantly pulling away.

"Come on I know what'll get you distracted." She says while giving me a devious smile. I laugh at her but then eye her carefully.