Chapter 46

Usually the conventional methods of expressing ones self is through written diaries or drawings. It can usually be on paper, on a canvas or orally spoken.

I stand against the door as if my feet are bolted to the ground by a ten thousand pound nail. Harry is in the shed smashing things as I stare at the walls.

It's like a mural.

Painting, handprints, writing. Anywhere and everywhere.

The paintings vary from graffiti to what looks like professional portraits.

I can't move. I'm literally awed. Who has the time to do all this?

"Harry." I say stumbling forward.

I tear my eyes off the walls as I search the darkness for Harry's figure. I come across saws, paint brushes, paint cans, spray paint, hammers, nails.

Harry pushes everything out of his way. It creates loud crashing noises as he violently massacres the shed.

"Harry." I say calmly.

Usually I would be frightened or yelling at him to stop but I'm so caught up about the walls that I-

"FOR FUCK SAKE HARRY!" I scream at the top of my lungs as a hammer goes flying over my head.

I run up to him and dig my fingernails into his arm. He yells out in pain but continues to smash things on the floor. I grab his face in my hands forcing him to look at me.

His pupils seem to have invaded his green iris causing his eyes to look like a black hole that might engulf me if I stare any longer. He blinks rapidly as his eyes dart across my face. It's as if a monster has overcome his body controlling his actions and the only way to confront the monster is by staring deeply into his eyes.

"Stop ruining this shed." I say through clenched teeth.

His pupils dilate even more which I thought would be impossible. Suddenly they shrink rapidly and his eyes become the normal mesmerizing green.

I stand up straight and take a step back.

"You can't always go raging and breaking things when you're angry." I say crossing my arms.

"Juliette don't fucking start."

I spin on my heels and start walking towards the door.

Fine. Then why did I even come running after him? He doesn't care about me anyways.

"Jules don't go." He whispers.

I turn around and see that his shoulders are slumped and his head hangs low as he rubs his neck.

"Look I..." He says trailing off.

He looks up at me awkwardly as he searches for words but nothing comes out. I know none will anyways so I decide to change the subject.

"What is this place?" I ask looking around.

I notice all these things on the wall but I can't see them in detail. As I near the wall I feel a hand grab my wrist. Instead of being yanked back by force, it's more a touch of reassurance.

I look around at the face and handprints, the numerous signatures and drawings of what seems to be past events.

"It's..." Harry trails off rubbing the back of the neck looking down awkwardly.

"Did you do this?"

"Well I mean... so?" He answers angrily.

"It's beautiful." I say.