Halloween Special 1

Start from the beginning

A blue rose was thrust into your line of sight. "There you are, Songbird~! I was beginning to wonder if you were going to come back out!" The person in front of you offering the rose was Mettaton but in a getup that you never thought he would be in. His normal black locks were now a light purple with some deep dark purple stringy ones on top. Instead of his signature neon pink boots, he wore black ones under a pair of dark tan pants. A dark green tank top was neatly tucked into the pants with a brown belt holding them up. Over top of it all was a tattered long overcoat. The rips in it more tasteful for fashion sense than from too much use. "Oh, look at you, Darling! You look positively adorable! Though I'm not exactly surprised on Alphys's costume choice."

You took the blue rose that he was offering you and let him steal your other hand so that he could playfully twirl you, like you had in the guest room. Alphys was squeeing even more now but you were even more confused. You had never seen this couple before. Just what couple were you supposed to be, exactly? Once you posed dramatically after the final twirl, much to Mettaton's amusement, you turned to the yellow monster. "Soooo...who are we exactly...?" you signed to her with Mettaton nodding his head in agreement. Only to nearly jump out of your skin when she screeched in shock.

"You've never played IB?!" The small monster grabbed your hand, and one of Mettaton's, dragging you into the living room. You both are pushed onto the couch while she commandeers the TV away from the horror movie a couple other party goers were watching. Their cries of complaint totally ignored. She hands you a keyboard that is plugged into the laptop that she had set on the coffee table. A long HDMI cord connecting the laptop to the TV so that the desktop appeared on the screen. "Ohmygosh! You are going to love it! It'saboutalittlegirlinanartgallery-" Alphys started going into the game's details as she loaded up the game on the laptop.

"Uh...Alphys...Darling?" Mettaton's voice had a wary tone to it and you were looking at him in confusion.

However, the scientist completely ignored him. Instead getting more excited as she went into further detail about the game. Talking so quickly that you long since lost what she was saying. You shrug and look at the screen, making a new game before going through the rather short intro sequence. Quickly realizing that Alphys had dressed you up as the little girl. Ib. Then who was Mettaton dressed up as?

Alphys stopped in her excited rambling long enough for her to instruct you on how to play. You made Ib wander around the art gallery. Inspecting everything because almost everything had something to say. Though...after a bit you didn't know how to progress. You made poor Ib lap the gallery countless times. Each one making Alphys more agitated

"No no! Go look at the huge painting!" Her voice still high pitched from all of the fangirling. You did as instructed. Cuing some new dialog with the music fading into nothing and the art gallery now mysteriously empty. Even though the graphics weren't state of the art, your interest was piqued. You had never played a game like this before. After some exploration with a couple of minor scares you end up at the huge painting again with new blue ink scrawled under it.

"come down below ib. i'll show you someplace secret."

You rose your hands after reading what the game had said. "I don't think I want to know that secret."

"I don't think you do either." Mettaton stated but his face told otherwise. He was just as enraptured with the game as you.

Though your progress was slow and it was getting on the nerves of a certain yellow dinosaur. "Come on! Yes, you do! Go back downstairs!!" Ignoring the odd feeling of magic starting to drift in the air, you chuckled at your friend before doing as she says.

"The gate around the scary fish is gone." You signed one handed with the other on the keyboard.

Alphys was practically vibrating in her seat. "Yes! Go in."