Enchanted 16

The hospital was cold, making me shiver. I rapped my arms tightly around my chest as I walked down the hallway. Rachel has been crying for days. She hasn't slept. She stays up every night waiting for her brother to wake up.

But we all wonder when that is. 

I felt bad for Rachel. I know how she feels. Having a love one in the hospital, hurt. And not sure if they'll even make it. 

Would he make it god? Please let him make it. 

I prayed every day before I went to sleep. I couldn't stay overnight because I wasn't family. So Cory and Brandon stood with me at Rachel's house. 

I prayed when I was in the room with him.

Looking at his soft face. I breathe heavy when another day past and he hasn't awakened.

I blinked hard before I even opened the door. I blinked back the tears I've been holding in for two days. 

The first day I found out he was here, I cried for hours. But I told myself not to cry anymore. Because crying won't make anything better. So I'd hold my tears, and let them go when he wakes up.

I'll cry of happy tears. Happy tears that Matthew will be okay. The doctors say he will be fine. That he'll be up on his feet in no time. I want to believe them, I really do. I tried believing them. But for some reason, I can't.

Rachel looked up when I walked in. She gave me a sad smile.

I sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. "Why are you here? After what Matthew did to you." She mumbled.

That shocked me. I pulled away and shock my head. "Rachel," I said. "Even though Matthew hurt me, that doesn't stop me from caring. I don't wish him bad. I can't believe you asked me that.

Rachel went to talk but I cut her off. "Rachel, you know me. I'm not like that at all. You saw how upset I've been the past few weeks. How could you say I don't care?" I stood up. 

Brandon and Cory walked just in time to hear Rachel disagree. "I didn't say that." She said. 

"Really? Because that’s what it sounded like. Him and me might have been in a fight, but that means nothing to me. What matters most is him getting better." I picked up my cup and walked to the door. 

"Jul--" I slammed the door after me. Marching down the hallway. I didn't stop at the end of the hallway, I kept going. Until my feet gave up on me. I laid on the floor next to a chair. People walking by looking at me weirdly. 

"Are you okay, Miss?" An old man asked. I nodded. He took his wife’s hand and kept going down the hall. 

"There you are." Cory voice was a whisper, as he sat next to me. "Are you okay? Rachel told me what happen." He said. He put his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"I can't believe she asked me that." I said shaking my head. I laid my head down on his chest and closed my eyes to fight my tears. "Do you think he'll get better?" I whispered.

"Yes." 

"I'm sorry." Rachel said, standing in front of me. "I didn't mean to. It was wrong of me. I'm sorry." She lowered her head. "I'm so sorry." 

Brandon came down the hall running. "Something’s wrong with Matthew!" He was breathing heavy. I jumped up to my feet, running to the room. 

I stopped in front of his bed, watching him shacking. "What’s happening?" I asked the doctor. Rachel moved next to his shacking body taking his hand in hers. 

"Everybody out!" Shouted the doctor. When nobody moved and yelled even louder. "Out!" Brandon took my hand pulling me out the room. My feet felt like it was glued to the floor. 

My head was spinning, Rachel was yelling. Brandon was trying to calm her down, while him his self was crying. Cory was sitting on the chair with his face in his hands. And I was on the floor, holding my knees up to my chest. 

"Rachel calm down, please." Brandon begged. 

I stopped crying, looking down the hall with no emotions. I don't know when it happened, when I lost my mother than my friend. My friend that I cared for more than a friend. 

What was going to happen next? Was Rachel going to leave to? Or was my dad? Or what? My eyes were getting heavy, and Rachel’s yelling was ringing in my ears. 

I was losing myself. 

"Julieta!!" Cory yelled.