Kim Jinhee I

𝓚𝓲𝓶 𝓙𝓲𝓷𝓱𝓮𝓮

I stood there, paralyzed and completely dumbfounded as I stared at the picture with a blank expression. I couldn't think of anything, it was as if my logical mind was shut down and I couldn't interpret any sense into what I was thinking.

Whenever my brain came out with an idea on what was really happening, I quickly rejected it away. Because all I heard from my mouth was 'this can't be happening'. I heard those words kept repeating, and I knew I was being in a denial state right now.

"Caught ya! Haha!"

I blinked a few times as I was suddenly pulled into the reality world when someone hugged me from behind, and by hearing that cheery voice and his fluffy embrace, I knew it was Jimin.

"You know.. you could've just told us that you guys wanted to spend some time alone yesterday.. running away like that.. Hoseok oppa was hurt." Hoseok said as he put a hand on my shoulder, acting out his cries.

I kept my silent as I dreaded turning around to face the boys. At that moment, even though I had figured out what was really happening, yet I just found myself trembling with fear as the ugly truth stayed frozen behind my lips. I was genuinely scared, I was frightened by what was coming next, I was afraid of how I was going to react to this foreign piece of information stuck in my head.

"Jinhee noona?"

I looked up when I heard that sweet voice of Jungkook calling me, and now I only realized six boys were already standing in front of me. Yet, I kept mum as I looked at every each of them. They all tilted their heads at me, wondering why I was staring at them like I had seen a ghost.

"What's this?" Jimin asked and I saw him picking something up from the carpet. When I looked back onto my hand, I was surprised to see that the picture was gone, and now.. Jimin was holding onto it.

Jimin let out a smile as he looked onto the picture. "Seems like you two had fun–"

He suddenly stopped talking as I saw his eyes rounded in realization. He stayed quiet for a few minutes, making the other boys started to ponder what was actually going on. So, they took a peek at the picture too, and by the time passed, now they all had the same reaction as Jimin as well.

There was a moment of dead silence in the music room before they slowly looked up at me in panic, and the moment their eyes met mine, I literally felt the last ounce of energy in me started draining away, because it finally became apparent to me..

That the reason behind the guilt in their eyes as they looked at me these entire time.. was because they were reminded to Kwon Mia — simply because I looked exactly like her.

"Jinhee..." Namjoon stepped forward as he looked at me worriedly. But it was by instinct, I found myself taking a step back from all of them as I clutched onto my painful chest.

Suddenly, I was reminded of the first time I met the boys in this very room. Their expressions came flashed back to me, how they were looking at me with so much surprise, and I thought it was because they were not expecting a stranger in their room, but the actual truth was, they were not expecting for someone who was already dead suddenly came back into life.

"Jinhee, listen to us.." Jin pleaded as he came closer, but I repelled myself from him. And as I looked at Jin, I recalled the moment we shook hands and introduced ourselves, he was already giving me that pity look and his bitter smile.

"Jinhee, I'm sorry..." Yoongi tried to approach me, but this time, I shook my head at him as I felt my eyes welled up with tears. The memory of Yoongi hesitated in telling me about Mia, and how he said he knew about her, yet he didn't want to tell me. Was it because of this?