Kim Taehyung I

𝓚𝓲𝓶 𝓙𝓲𝓷𝓱𝓮𝓮

11.24am
Jimin wrote:

Come out, bunny. We're at outside of your apartment ;)

11.25am
I wrote:

Okay, chimchim! I'm going down now.

ɪ sᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ sᴀᴡ ᴛᴇx ғʀᴏᴍ ᴊɪᴍɪɴ. I sent my reply and grabbed my favorite dark green faux-fur hooded parka. Just as I opened my front door and about to leave, my smile slowly drifted away as I stood there for a few seconds in daze, staring at the grape yogurt carton placed on the floor.

The excitement that I had a second ago quickly drained away as my heart slowly covered in darkness. Grape yogurt was my favorite drink ever since I was little, and only that particular someone knew about it.

It wasn't my first time to see the yogurt drink that morning, in fact, every single morning, someone would leave it there with a light blue sticky note. I picked it up and read the words written on the sticky note.

'Wear thick clothes, don't get caught in the cold.'

I just stared blankly at the sticky note. Then, I noticed a paper bag was hung on my door's handle. I removed it from the handle and checked what was inside. To my surprise, it was a muffler. A familiar colorful muffler.

I know I was supposed to feel happy about it, to feel loved, to feel glad that someone actually cared for me, but at that moment, I only felt a hollow feeling creeping in my stomach. Though he didn't bother to write his name on the sticky note, yet I knew it was no other from him, Kim Taehyung — someone who was so distant from my life right now.

I entered my apartment back and placed the grape yogurt in the fridge, while the sticky note in my hand, like any other days, I wanted to rip it apart and throw it in the dustbin with anger and disappointment, at least that was what my brain was telling me to do, but my heart was telling me otherwise — Keep it.

So, I ended up going into my room, smoothing out the sticky note against my pastel pink wall and took a few steps back. Unconsciously, a long sigh escaped from my mouth as I just stared at the pastel pink wall that now had decorated with a bunch of light blue sticky notes.

'I'm sorry.' – That was the first note that he sent me with the grape yogurt.

'I miss hearing your voice' – on the 8th day.

'I dreamed about you last night' –  on the 15th day.

'I miss you, honestly.' – on the 20th day

'Don't hurt yourself.' – on the 23th day

And including today's sticky note, the sum would be..

Twenty-five notes

Also represented the number of days Taehyung and I didn't talk to each other anymore. It had started ever since that night, the very night when the waiting game between the both of us had officially ended.

***

- Flashback -