Min Yoongi II

"Oh, son. I didn't see you there. And you brought a friend over?" The man fixed his coat and the woman quickly left the room before giving us an awkward smile.

"Since when do you even care about my existence?" Yoongi scoffed while grabbing onto my arm. "My friend is leaving, you can continue with whatever you're doing, dad." Without waiting for his father's reply, I was quickly dragged out of his apartment.

"W-wait! Yoongi oppa!" I called him out as an attempt to break away. Gladly, Yoongi had finally stopped walking and now we were in the lobby of his apartment building.

"What was that? I mean, who's that woman?" I inquired as soon as I pulled my arm away from his strong grip.

Yoongi held his head with his both hands, looking exasperated. He walked from one point to another until he stopped in front of me again.

"Look, Jinhee, just pretend that you didn't see anything. Nothing just happened, okay?" He focused on me, as if trying to hypnotize me. I stared at him and scoffed at his words.

"If you can make me forget, then do it." I had my one arm on my waist, challenging him.

Yoongi bit his lips, maybe frustrated at me for being stubborn. I knew that woman was definitely not his mother, but at that moment, I guessed I just wanted to make sure about it.

"Jinhee, if there is one thing I want you to butt out, then it's about my family matters!" He exclaimed as he grabbed onto my both shoulder.

I looked up at him in surprise because it was the first time to witness this new side of Yoongi. His intense eyes were begging me ever so desperately, so I had a hard time to fight the burning curiosity at the back of my mind.

"So that was the reason why your mom left your dad?" I shrugged his arms off my shoulder as I shot him another question, staring straight into his burning eyes. My curiosity was definitely winning over me.

"No more question, young lady. Don't make me regret of asking you to come here," he said in controlled-low voice, almost came out like a threat.

At that point, I held the urge to ask any more question, keeping my mouth shut and looked at him, wondering why he was being so defensive, and to be honest, I hated it.

Then, I imagined if I turned the situation around. If he knew about my family, would I want him in my problem? Well, I hated to admit it but, no. I wanted to fight alone. I let out a long sigh before looking back at him.

"Yoongi oppa, listen here," I slowly said as I took his warm hands in mine. "If you ever need someone to listen to your problem, then I'm always here for you. Bangtan boys will always have your back, please remember that." I assured him with a soft smile. There was a long silence until he finally said something.

"You should go back, Jinhee... See you tomorrow." His words sounded so cold to me. I stood there, looking at him leaving in a rush.

I felt my shoulder dropped as I let out a deep sigh. I felt so helpless. I wanted to help Yoongi, but with his defensive behavior a moment ago, it felt like he was building a thick wall from me, from everyone else. He was creating an obvious boundary so that no one would be on his side.

But hey, this is Kim Jinhee. She would cross out anything just to help the people that she really cared and loved. So I was sure, at that moment...