Deep Voice Guy

"Taehyung?"

I was momentarily surprised to see Taehyung stood before me. I mean, we both were, because his brown eyes widened as he blinked at me in confusion, just like a cute little puppy.

We continued staring at each other for a couple of minutes, trying to digest the very information that we actually lived in the same apartment buildings.

"Oh, hey. We meet again." He awkwardly tugged a small smile across his lips after he had recovered from the shock.

At that moment, I could see that he was skimming through my body frame from the top to the bottom. I was wearing a black-laced dress that reached right above my knees, matched perfectly with white stilettos. I wore light makeup on my face, but I bet I looked way too different than what I used to wear to school.

I trailed my eyes away and clasped my hands together as I felt uncomfortable with his steady gaze on me. On the other hand, Taehyung was oblivious with his glued stare on me as he gave me a blank look, his plump lips parted.

"Don't you feel cold wearing that?" He asked as he stepped out of the elevator and gestured a hand for me to come in. When I did, he let his muscular arm rested on the elevator's door so it wouldn't close on us.

Looking at his posture, somehow it caused my heart to stir in an indecipherable way. Whether it was because of the way he leaned casually against the door, or because he was kind of towering me right now—or most probably because I noticed how his intense brown eyes were still silently scrutinizing me.

"Yeah, it's quite cold... But I have a dinner to attend," I told him and slowly let out a soft smile at him.

He nodded a few times and I caught the corner of his lips slowly quirked up into a teasing smile. "Is it a date?" he inquired, his dark brown eyes glistened with amusement.

When I thought of my older brother, a warm smile slowly slipped onto my lips. I guessed it could count as a date. A family date.

"Maybe... You can say that," I replied, chortling a little.

But then, it was such a strange sight when his teasing smile slowly disappeared from my view. I looked at him in wonder while his brown eyes dropped in a subtle disappointment, it was as if he was expecting me to say something else...

"Have a nice date then." His deep voice echoed heavily in the elevator, his brown eyes pierced into mine for a brief moment that I couldn't decipher the meaning behind his gaze.

"Thank you. See you around." I waved my hand and replied him with the same smile. The atmosphere was so deadly awkward that I just wanted to escape from there as soon as possible.

Taehyung removed his arm from the door, and when the metal door finally closed on us, instinctively, I exhaled out heavily. I didn't even realize that I was holding onto my breath the entire time I was talking to him.

What's wrong with me? I placed a hand on my chest, and the weird thumping was there yet again.

"Chang Wook oppa!" I called out when I saw my older brother was waiting in the lobby. He flashed his perfect bright smile and waved back at me. I quickly ran to him and gave him a warm hug.

"Aigoo, my Jinhee." Chang Wook ruffled my hair and made it messy. He just never stopped doing that ever since we were little kids.

"Oppa, you don't know how long I have struggled with my hair," I whined and slapped his hand away but he only laughed at my reaction.