Jung Hoseok V

𝓚𝓲𝓶 𝓙𝓲𝓷𝓱𝓮𝓮

ɪ ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ ʟᴏʙʙʏ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏsᴇᴏᴋ. When I looked at my wrist watch, a frown found its way across my lips. Weird. He usually would arrive by this time.

My eyes searched around the lobby, hoping to catch a sight of him, but within seconds, my shoulder dropped in disappointment. I mean, there was barely anyone in the lobby since it was still early in the morning.

"Hey Jungkook, Hoseok oppa.. is usually a punctual person, right?" I asked the sleepy Jungkook who was leaning on my shoulder, his hand held loosely onto a baked bread that we bought from the pastry shop.

I looked at him and couldn't help but to let out a grin. A while ago, he had a hard time making a decision whether to sleep or eat first, and he ended up sleeping away.

"Always. And he nags a lot too." The sleepy Jungkook mumbled as he shifted his head. It was hard to wake him up and made him follow me here. Since he already went through so much, I guessed I would just let him sleep a little more while waiting for Hoseok for a couple more minutes.

The time was ticking. And the more it was ticking, the more restless I got.

"Did something happen to Hoseok after the fight last night?" I wondered silently, but didn't realize that I just voiced it out.

"He didn't bother to talk to us and straight away went back home after the fight. Hoseok hyung must be feeling really miserable." Jungkook said, stretching out his arms while yawning. Then his fast hand quickly tore open the wrapping of the bread and started eating it.

"How did he look like?" I asked. Not because I was not at the scene. I was there, of course. But because I was too distracted by Taehyung, trying to calm him down and all the hugs and tears, that I couldn't seem to remember anything after that.

"Hm... His eyes looked empty and lost like usual... But after the fight, it's like a mixed emotion of helplessness. Hoseok hyung looked like he was giving up on something." Jungkook explained as he tried to remember how Hoseok was acting yesterday.

On the other hand, I was feeling uneasy because of the 'give up' word that Jungkook used. I swallowed hard as my inner sense was giving me some kind of warning. The same warning when something atrocious was waiting ahead, the same warning that I felt during the time when I was trying to save Yoongi... Jungkook... Jimin... and now, Hoseok? Everything felt so wrong. At this moment.

Hastily, I took out my phone and called Hoseok. It was ringing and kept ringing. Like those times when I was trying to reach for Jimin. My heart starting to pound hard against my chest but it stopped when Hoseok answered on the sixth rings.

"Hello, Hoseok oppa–"

"Hello. This is his mom." I heard Mrs. Jung answered at the other end.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Jung, this is Jinhee. May I know where is Hoseok?" I cleared my throat a few times because of the panic attack.

"Oh Jinhee.. It was nice to hear from you. Hoseok told me that you often visited Jiwoo with him. Thank you, Jinhee."

"No, Mrs. Jung. Jiwoo unnie is my friend too." I smiled even though I know she couldn't see it.

"You're so kind, Jinhee. I think he's at the hospital by now. But, I don't know why he left his phone, maybe he forgot about it. Are you going to visit Jiwoo today?" Mrs. Jung asked, her voice a bit cheerful. I was glad about that but the panic started to flood inside of me again when I thought of Hoseok.