*Edited-Chapter Eleven ❀

Start from the beginning

“What with?” She asked gently, her voice tickling the hairs on my neck.

“Hope!” I breathed out in amazement. “She’s not like normal girls, she means more to me than a fuck in a closet or a one night stand. You know? I want to make her last, I want to be with her and do all those soppy things couples do together.” I began, mentally slapping myself at my choice of words. My god I sounded like such a girl right now. “I don’t want to hurt her Maya, I never want her to go through pain because of me. I just want her to love me and be happy, I need your help you need to tell me how to be the ideal boyfriend.” I replied, my cheeks blossoming scarlet as Maya grinned pinching my cheeks.

That cute devious smile returned to her friend and I knew she was ready to make fun of me. “Just be yourself and she’ll fall in love with you.” I heard her whisper under her breath.

“What?!” I asked in disbelief. What the hell was going on with Maya? Why was she acting so affectionate towards me suddenly? All these compliments, she’d never done that before.

“Nothing, nothing!” She gushed out quickly, smiling to veil her rosy red cheeks. “Seriously,” Maya started genuinely, “She’s a really lucky girl to have found somebody like you.” For a minute I stared at her and thought I saw something in her eyes other than friendship, like she was looking at me lovingly. I shook my head of the thought and smiled at how sweet she was.

“Any guy that had you as his girlfriend would be lucky too.” I returned the compliment, just like her meaning each word I said from the bottom of my heart. She was everything any guy could ever want, she was beautiful, she was funny, she was adventurous and she had a great sense of humour, she was always so optimistic and gentle, she was so perfect, my best friend was so so perfect. “I mean who wouldn’t want to tap that ass?” I teased giving her bum a squeeze.

She frowned, glaring at me playfully. “Alright, rule number one!| She began, as I listened closely. “Call her gorgeous or beautiful, not sexy. Sexy just sounds like you want to get in her pants.” She chuckled lightly as I nodded, taking a mental note.

“Role play will be easier, you be Hope and I’ll be my sexy self.” I chuckled, pulling her into a siting position. She nodded reluctantly, glancing at the timepiece on her wall before smiling. “Alright, so no sexy?” I repeated, as Maya nodded.

“Number Two, Don’t use pick up lines at all. Especially not your horrible cheesy ones.” She giggled sticking her tongue out at me. “If you do, I guarantee she’ll run away to Asia.” She finished, grinning.

“What about when I kiss her?” I asked seriously.

“Don’t suck her face, keep it sweet and simple-“ She started, rolling in her lips as though she couldn’t carry on. “Me and Noah’s first kiss was like that.” She managed to whisper out.

“Hey!” I started, cupping her chin softly. “He is the biggest idiot for letting a girl like you get out of his grip, if you were my girlfriend I wouldn’t ever let you go Maya.” I whispered the words back softly into her hair.

“I’m sorry,” She mumbled straightening herself out. “I didn’t mean to bring that up, where were we?”

“Kissing.” I replied, turning my voice down a notch as I felt a lump of guilt form in my throat. “If it’s too soon, you don’t have to-“ I began, feeling a horrible pang in my chest. How could I have been so inconsiderate? Only yesterday she’d ended things with Noah and here I was being an idiot asking her about kissing and relationships.

“No, don’t worry about it.” She replied softly. “Lock glances with her.” She instructed as I did so with her, finding myself lost in her beautiful pure hazel eyes.