Chapter 20

Picture: Toby

Cameron's pov:

I had the money, it was stashed in a bag awaiting Friday, when I get my sister back, everyone was missing her like crazy. Denis was in panic mode and Toby kept having panic attacks. Me being me was there for him and helped him breath and get through it because Luna had them, but not often.

Luna's pov:

I'd been here for a few days, pushed around, forced to clean up and punished for no reason. My eyes were red and puffy from crying. I wanted my brother and friends back, but they didn't seem to be looking for me, or that's what is felt like in all honesty. My panic attacks were hard to deal with. Daniel one f the men shouted at me "LUNA, GET ON WITH THE CHORES."

One of the sweeter guys who was forced to help, came to me and said "Hey by next week on Friday you'll be out of here, my police officer brother told me your brother came to them. So I'm here for you."

I just nodded and he got me some water and helped me breath and calm down til I was calm enough to carry on my chores before I got my next beating for doing something I shouldn't have been doing or not doing anything.

Cameron's pov:

This was too much for me to handle, I broke down in front of James, who let me cry into his shoulder because I needed a friend and he was always there for me, which I was grateful for. James told me everything was going to be ok in which I believed him as this was James the most caring guy ever.

James shouted "DENIS WILL YOU GET SOME WATER FOR CAMERON PLEASE." Denis came in with the water, he looked at me and gave me the water.

 I stuttered "Thank you." He smiles and nods at me.

Toby walks in and says "People have no respect for others and why kidnap? Why commit crime? You know you're gonna get caught somehow."

I let out a shaky laugh and said "Because they want to frighten people and make themselves look hard. When they are just weak minded people."

Luna's pov:

I was being beaten to a pulp. George shouted at me to take the pain. But Alex was sobbing in a corner, because of what he had to see in front of him. I wanted to tell him I was okay but we all knew that was a lie. They were nasty nasty people. Vulgar at the least. I wasn't allowed anything. No phone, no wifi, nothing, but food, water, the bed, mattress, blanket and the guys with everything they wanted.

I was the only girl, but why wait til Friday and not now. Something had to be going on that I'm not allowed to know. Maybe they want Cameron to think I'm dead so he won't come. They stopped beating me and left. Alex ran over and we sobbed into each other. Alex mumbled out "I'm sorry for letting that happen."

Gulping and shrugging, I said "There was nothing you could do, they'd kill you for helping me. They'll probably hurt you for crying when they beat me." He sighed and shook his head, and looked down. I hugged him tighter and he hugged back. I have no idea why people are so nasty these days but it's killing me already.

Hearing the guys screaming and beating me in my sleep was awful the nightmares were awful, I didn't even know if I was awake or not, because they felt that real to me. Alex woke me up because I was screaming and thrashing around, he must have been asleep on the other bed in the room. I felt bad for awakening him. He hugged me and spoke to me until I fell asleep again.