Chapter 3; Love At First Sight

Once we arrived back to the house, we sat in the dining room and ate the food. Liam suggested I get a Chicken Wrap. I have never been to this place so I don't know what to expect.

I took a large bite out of my food and looked at the wrap with a shocked face. Zayn noticed, "You seem surprised." He laughed and continued to eat. "Never had Nando's?" Niall laughed. "No, never." I said, taking another bite. Niall looked at me shocked as all the other boys laughed. "You're missing out, sweetheart." He said in a near to serious tone.

Everyone laughed at him as we finished eating. Soon, everyone slowly migrated from the dining room, to the living room. We finished the night watching a movie. One by one, the boys went to bed.

"Good night, Jasmine." Liam's smiled, hugging me. "Call me Jazz, by the way." I laughed, hugging him back. "Ok," he smiled. "Are you not going to bed yet?" He asked. "Not right now. I'm not tired." I explained. He nodded and went off to bed. Niall and I were the only two left downstairs.

Niall's P.O.V

I was unaware of what I was doing the whole night. Once Jasmine walked in the house I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She is absolutely stunning.

The way she walked, the way she tugged on the long sleeves of her sweater, and the little giggle and sarcastic comments she let out. My heart was unable to handle such a beautiful women in my presence.

I sat on the opposite end of the couch as she watched some uninteresting movie. I, on the other hand, stared at her. She looked at the film in deep concentration. Small facial expressions and giggles popping up whenever something silly happened.

After a while she pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and laid her head on the pillow. She looked at me and caught my unstoppable gaze.

"What do you wanna do now?" She asked, gesturing to the television. I broke up contact with her and looked at the screen. The credits started rolling and music was playing. "Let's go to the den." I suggested, getting off the couch.

She nodded and followed me. I looked back and saw her pulling at her sleeves and wrapping the grey blanket around her. "I'm a burrito." I laughed at her joke and pulled her into the room.

We sat on the couch and I smiled at her, "So why did Liam offer you a place to stay?"

She looked at me, very unsure on what to say. "It's a long story." She laughed, falling back into the couch. "Well," I laughed. "We have all night."

She slowly pushed the blanket off her shoulders and rolled up her sleeves. She revealed old cuts, some still irritated from how new they were. She quickly rolled them back down and sat back. "Why?" I asked, sitting closer to her.

She explained her life to me, about her mom and her dad. And how she ended up in foster care. "I'm so sorry," I said. I hugged her tight. "It's ok," she smiled. "It's all in the past. I have you guys now."

We sat down stairs laughing and going on and on about stupid little things that we did. "I hated living in foster care." She brought up, getting up and looking at the guitar. "Why?" I asked, leaning back in my seat. "Every night before bed, we were given a list of things to do the next day before 12:00. If they weren't done, you would spend the day cleaning and babysitting."

She found her way over to the piano and took a seat. She started to play a little tune. "The only good thing I got out of it was learning to play piano." She played a beautiful melody and started to sing along with it. The song was unknown, not even the notes sounded familiar.

She turned and smiled, pointing at the guitar. "Can you teach me?" She asked, getting up and picking the guitar up. "Want to hear a song I've been writing??" I asked, smiling. "Sure!" She asked, handing me the guitar. She nodded her head, leaning back and waiting for me to play.

I began the first couple cords, clearing my throats before beginning. "I'm like a crow on a wire. You're the shining distraction that makes me fly all the way home." A large smile formed on her face as she beamed with excitement.

"I'm like a boat on the water," I sang. "You're the rays on the waves that calm my mind. Oh, every time." She started to wipe away fake tears, holding her heart and letting out a small giggle.

"And I know in my heart, you're not a constant star. And yeah I've let you use me from that day that we first met. But I'm not done yet. Falling for you, Fool's gold." I looked down, blushing as she held constant eye contact with me.

"And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met. But I don't regret falling for you. Fool's gold." I looked up and saw her swaying along to the music. The large smile never left her face.

"I'm the first to admit that I'm reckless. I get lost in your beauty and I can't see two feet in front of me." I looked at her eyes that had a sparkle in them. My heart beated faster as her beautiful smiled grew larger. I sang to her, I sang for her.

"And I know in my heart, you're just a moving part. And yeah I've let you use me from that day that we first met. But I'm not done yet
falling for you. Fool's gold. And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met. But I don't regret, falling for you. Fool's gold." I started to blush as we remained having constant eye contact.

"Yeah I know your love's not real
That's not the way it feels
That's not the way you feel
And yes I've let you use me from that day that we first met
But I'm not done yet
Falling for you
Fool's gold
And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met
But I don't regret
Falling for you
Fool's gold, oh oh oh, oh oh oh."

I finished the song and looked at her deep in her eyes. I slowly leaned in, letting my lips attract to hers. In my head, I'm telling myself to stop. This is someone who Liam brought in to have a family and show that we care for them. But my heart didn't allow me to stop. Butterflies, which I never get, swarmed in my stomach. My heart beat got faster as she pulled away.

My mind went elsewhere as she smiled at me. "That was a beautiful song." Is all she could say. I laughed and put the guitar down. "Thank you, means a lot." She laughed and got up from her seat.

"Thank you for a great night." Is the last she said before running up the stairs and to her room.

--

I'm aware fools gold in on four but he writes it and it does get on the album yet. This story takes place during the releases of four.