Chapter 38

Katie's P.O.V

10 hours until fight

I hug Neve goodbye wiping underneath her eyes getting rid of the tears and macara whilst smiling a painful smile towards her.

I hate seeing her like this, so broken and the worst part is she won't tell me why. I wish I could help her.

She leans into my touch as my hand makes contact with her cheek. She strains a smile at me.

"Okay I'll go now" Neve said moving away from me.

"Yeah, okay tell me when you get home" I replied letting her move out of my hotel room.

"I will don't worry, love you" she finished waving slightly at me.

"Love you too" I returned shutting the door as she disappeared from my sight.

After closing the door I lean against it and am suddenly submerged in my thoughts.

What could have happened to make her that upset?

I have obviously seen Neve cry and be upset before but never like this, this was something else.

As I was thinking up possible situations that could have caused this toll on her I hear my phone ring from my bed.

Pushing myself off of the closed door I make my way over to find my ringing phone.

Picking it up I answer it straight away and bring it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Katie? Hey" I stumble in my spot a bit after hearing Cameron's voice come through my phone.

"Oh Cameron hey, um what's up?" I mentally scold myself after asking that. What the fuck Katie? What's up?

"Oh haha nothing's up really, what about you?" He asked, his voice wavering slightly. Why is he all nervous as well?

"Oh nothing, same old same old" I finish with a small chuckle on the end just to add to the awkward phone call. "Why did you phone me?" I ask moving on from what we were just discussing.

"Oh right yeah I was just wondering is you could meet me somewhere I need to talk to you and I don't think I can  over the phone".

My face scrunched in confusion at that. Can't talk to me over the phone? I ignore the nervous tone in his voice and agree to meet him later to talk about whatever he wanted to.

We both hang up and I flop on the hotel bed, my mind hurting with all that's going on. Wondering what's wrong with Neve and now Cameron wanting to talk to me about something important.

I'm still so confused with what to do about him, after talking to everyone they all seem to be saying the same thing. I should tell him how I feel but I don't know if I should.

-

8 hours until fight

Cameron's P.O.V

I stare at my phone looking at the message I sent to Nash about two hours ago asking where he was and if he was alright after I received a panicked voice message from him that ended as quickly as it began.

Rubbing at my face I tiredly sit back in my seat watching the screen for a read sign or a text bubble to pop up to tell me that he's alright.

As the minutes go by I become more panicked thinking up different scenarios on why he could be so distraught.

Whilst playing with the phone in my hands I hear a knock at my hotel room door.

Getting up slowly i don't take my eyes off my phone ucase I get a reply from Nash.

Opening the grey door slowly I lift my head to see a red and puffy eyes Nash.

All my attention is taken away from my phone and is focused on the man I was waiting to get a reply from so I knew he was okay. But now seeing him I know he's not.

"Nash?" I ask when suddenly his arms are thrown around me and he begins sobbing into my shoulder.

Wrapping my arms around his waist I hold onto him helping him balance himself as he stumbled against me.

"Nash what's wrong?" I asked moving so I could look at him.

He shakes his head, bottom lip quivering as his hands shake against me.

"Ne- Neve" he choked out.

My eyes popped out suddenly worried over what could have possibly happened to her to cause my best friend to be this upset.

Panicking I don't hesitate to ask what he meant. "Nash, Nash! What about Neve what's happened!" 

Moving into the room Nash falls into my bed burying his head j to his hands as he silently cry's, hiccuping every so often.

"She- she found out".

I instantly feel all the blood brain from my face. "Found out about what?" I ask swallowing down a lump in my throat.

"About the- the gang" he cried.

I instantly become numb. Shit. What if she's told Katie. No she can't have, I spoke to her already she sounded fine.

My attention gets caught by Nash crying out more about what happened.

Snuggling he continued "I don't know where she is, she was heart broken when she found out, I have never ever wanted to see her like that. I've never seen someone so broken". My face fell at that.

"What do you mean" I asked sitting rn next to him a rubbing his back as he stared to calm down.

"She cried so much and I don't know what's going to happen, she doesn't trust me, I don't know if she even loves me anymore" he hiccuped.

"Nah don't be silly she can't not love you just because she found out about this, sure she can be upset and angry but she can't switch her feelings off" I reassured trying to help him see straight and think clearly.

"I don't know, she thought I didn't care about her or the baby, and now she won't talk to me. I'm really panicking  Cam" he admitted his hands shaking as he clenched them tightly.

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"About three hours ago"

"Where has she been then?" I asked more to myself knowing he doesn't know considering she won't answer his calls.

"My guess is Katie's because Taylor is with the others" he said looking at me.

My mouth goes dry, the fear of Neve telling Katie about the whole thing clouding my mind.

---------------------------------------------

A/N hey guys sorry I haven't updated in years and this update is pretty shit but I've had worriers block but it's okay because now I know what I'm going to write about so hopefully I can update more often now!!!